Cancellations & Refunds
Terms & Conditions
- Annual and monthly memberships may be cancelled at any time during the membership term.
- The account holder may receive a pro-rated refund with a $25 cancellation fee.
- Pro-rated refunds are calculated beginning from the date that the cancellation request is received by Mason Recreation Member Services.
- Remaining membership values are calculated on a cost-per day basis.
- Parking permit purchases are non-refundable.
- For specific program cancellations/refunds, consult with their respective policies.
- Membership fees paid with VISA or MasterCard may be refunded to the type of card used for original payment.
- Membership fees paid with cash or check will be refunded by way of a George Mason University check. Delivery time for GMU issued checks may take up to 10 weeks to be received.
- Cancellation requests may be submitted by phone/voicemail at 703.993.5622 or via e-mail to Member Services.
Sample Cancellation Calculation
- Original enrollment date = 01 January
- Membership type = Community
- Membership fee = $750
- Cancellation request received = 8 July
- Value of remaining membership = $363.70
- Possible cancellation penalty = $25.00
- Total refund amount = $338.70