Because there are slight variations in the facility use rules for the Aquatic & Fitness Center, Skyline Fitness Center, and the Recreation & Athletic Complex (RAC), all patrons are encouraged to observe posted rules signs prior to their workouts/activities.
All Mason Recreation memberships, including student memberships are bound to the following general terms and conditions of facility use. Certain facilities may have additional terms and conditions which are not included on this page, but will be posted in those facilities, respectively.
1. Mason Recreation memberships permit the owner (“patron”) to access the Mason Recreation facilities (Aquatic & Fitness Center “AFC”, Recreation & Athletic Complex “RAC”, and the Skyline Fitness Center) with valid access and during their normal business hours. All of the Mason Rec facilities also adhere to the emergency management policies, procedures and guidelines of Environment Health & Safety Department including training exercises, planning, and outreach activities. Patrons are not permitted to access these facilities outside of their normal business hours, unless expressly permitted by a Mason Recreation staff member.
2. With the exception of the Masters Swimming memberships, Mason Recreation memberships are not designed for exclusive use of any single resource or piece of equipment within any of the facilities. In the event that a resource is temporarily not available (e.g. swimming pool closure, basketball court closure, or racquetball court closure, etc.), refunds, credits, or extensions will not be given.
3. Mason Recreation reserves the right to terminate a membership, with or without refund, in the event that a patron violates any of the posted policies in the Mason Recreation facilities and/or on the website.
4. All patrons must present their Mason ID or Rec Membership ID to check in at our facilities. Mason Recreation’s policy is to allow only one (1) entrance per semester when there is no ID card present. Mason Recreation reserves the right to terminate a membership, with or without refund, in the event that a patron attempts to fraudulently access the Mason Recreation facilities, or aids in the fraudulent access of another individual. Students who access the Mason Recreation facilities fraudulently and/or assist in the fraudulent access of another individual may be suspended from accessing any or all of the Mason Recreation facilities for any length of time.
5. In order for additional individuals to be registered under an account, the main contact must have valid access for the additional patron to receive the same price eligibility. Account holders with dependents who are minors must observe facility rules concerning age restricted areas. Mason Recreation reserves the right to refuse or revoke membership/access privileges to any account holder, sponsored guest, or visitor in the event that facility rules are violated.