Download Registration Form – to be mailed or brought in with payment. Email or fax without payment does not secure your position in any class.
The purpose of the instructor course is to train instructor candidates to teach American Red Cross Lifeguarding, Lifeguard Blended Learning, Shallow Water Lifeguarding, Waterpark Skills*, Waterfront Skills*, CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers, Administering Emergency Oxygen, and Blood Borne Pathogens Training courses and /or modules.
* To teach Waterfront Skills and Waterpark Skills, Lifeguard Instructors must posess a basic-level Waterfront Skills or Waterpark Skills certificate and orient to the corresponding content in the American Red Cross Lifeguarding Insturcor’s Manual and Lifeguarding DVD Set or course presentation.
Prerequisites for Instructor Candidates
To be eligible for the instructor course, instructor candidates must:
- Be at least 17 years old on or before the last day of the instructor course.
- Possess one of the following:
- A current American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED
- A current American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid and either an American Red Cross certificate for CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer or an American Red Cross certificate for CPR/AED for Lifeguards.
- An equivalent certification from another organization.
- Successfully complete the Online Session for the Lifeguard Instructor course, which consists of the following:
- Orientation to the American Red Cross
- Orientation to the Lifeguard Instructor Course and Precourse Exam
- Successfully complete the Precourse Session (refer to the Lifeguard Training page for precourse swim requirement)
- Obtain the Lifeguarding Instructor’s Manual (provided) and Lifeguarding Manual (not provided) after you have successfully completed the Precourse Session.
Course Dates and Times
|Course Number||Course Dates||Course Times||Location|
|765||Mon - Wednesday Aug 22 - 24, 2016||9am - 3pm daily||Aquatic and Fitness Center|
Mason Student/Mason Rec Member: $150
Registration is open now. Registration with payment is due no later than August 15th in order to allow sufficient time to complete the online components successfully.
Please review the refund policy on the registration form. Also be aware with the nature of the online component, once the online component is registered with the American Red Cross no refunds will be granted except for medical withdrawal or military deployment/relocation (documentation required).