Personal Trainer 16 Week Course
Mason Recreation’s American Council on Exercise (ACE) Personal Trainer Preparation Course instructed by a certified personal trainer prepares individuals to complete the ACE Personal Trainer Certification Exam. On completion of the course, you will feel better equipped to motivate, empower, challenge, and retain clients for the long term. Exam fees and study materials are reduced for those who participate in the preparation course.
This course does not include the exam for certification. Participation in the course allows for a discounted rate of $249 for the ACE Exam registration fee. Registration for the exam is completed through ACE.
|Wednesdays||January 21st, 2015 - May 6th, 2015||6:00PM -9:00PM||AFC Room 112|
Registration Begins: October 27th, 2014
|Participant Status||Price||Payment Location|
|College Student||$250.00 *must provide proof||AFC or RAC front desk|
|Non-student||$400.00||AFC or RAC front desk|
|**Late Fee (After January 21st)||$35||AFC or RAC front desk|
Following the receipt of payment, individuals registered for the course will receive information on how to receive the discounted rate for the ACE course materials.
ACE Study Program: $129.95
(Manual, Exercise Science text, Master the Manual Study Guide and Sample Test)
- ACE Personal Trainer Manual, fifth edition
- ACE Essentials of Exercise Science for Fitness Professionals
- ACE Personal Trainer Manual Study Companion, fifth edition
- Human anatomy, exercise physiology, applied kinesiology, and nutrition
- Principles of adherence, motivation, behavior change, and health psychology
- Communication and teaching techniques
- ACE integrated fitness training model
- Building rapport
- Health and exercise history information assessment
- Functional training: Assessments, programming, and progressions for posture, movement, core, balance, and flexibility
- Physiological assessments
- Resistance training: Programming and progressions
- Cardiorespiratory training: Programming and progressions
- Professional and legal responsibilities, scope of practice, and business strategies for personal trainers
*For more information on upcoming ACE courses, please contact the Director of Fitness (703-993-3935).