Summer 2017 Yoga & Pilates
Upcoming Hours for Summer 2017 Yoga & Pilates
Classes Run: May 22nd-July 31st
No Classes: May 29, July 3-4
RAC Yoga & Pilates Schedule
Purchase “Gold Access” and go to any class
If you purchase Gold Access you can attend any of our fee based classes. Those include any of the Martial Arts & Self-Defense and the Yoga/Pilates classes. Don’t forget you can already attend the Green Access classes for free with membership. Those include Group Exercise and Cycling.
|Membership Status||Annual Price|
|Gold Class Access- Students||$25.00|
|Gold Class Access- Non-Students||$50.00|
***You must be a member or have paid the drop in fee of the recreation facility to be eligible for Green/Gold Access classes.
***Gold Access purchases expire at the end of each semester and are nonrefundable.
Drop-In (Daily) Rate
- Pilates: This mixed level Pilates class is designed to introduce the novice to the principles of Pilates while continuing to challenge the more experienced participant. All levels welcome!
- Pilates Barre Fusion: Barre is the hottest ballet-inspired workout around. It is a unique, fun, high-energy class that fuses legendary fitness techniques from Pilates, ballet, calisthenics and yoga. These techniques are designed to streamline, firm, tighten and tone muscles and re-align the body without adding bulk helping to create balance, posture, body awareness, flexibility and cardiovascular endurance. It’s a 55-minute total-body workout.
- Pilates with Props: This class will feature the addition of a variety of props (e.g., balls, bands, rings) to enhance the participants’ challenge. All levels welcome!
- Yoga: Our yoga classes promote stamina, strength, flexibility, balance, body awareness, and mental clarity by focusing on alignment and incorporating yogic breathing, mediation, and relaxation techniques. All levels welcome!
Yin Yoga: The practice of Yin creates space in the body and returns flexibility to the muscles and joints. This class is an hour of meditative relaxation as we use gravity and breath to move deeply into each asana.
Hatha/Vinyasa Flow: Yoga poses executed mindfully with a focus on joint alignment and core strength. Challenge your body and mind on and off the mat with this Hatha/Vinyasa flow class.
- All participants must be at least 16 years of age.
- Appropriate workout attire required, including shirts and workout pants or shorts. Denim is not permitted.
- Yoga/Pilates classes can choose whether shoes are worn or not in the specific room. If a patron leaves the room, the patron must have shoes on.
- If equipment is being used in these classes that can be dropped on the foot, then patrons must wear shoes for that portion of class.
- Admittance to all classes requires registration through the front desk. The front desk will not distribute tickets five minutes after a class has started.
- There is no admittance ten minutes after a class has begun.
- Clean equipment after each use with towels and spray bottles provided. Return cleaning supplies after use.
- No food or drink allowed except for clear liquids in re-sealable plastic containers.
- Personal belongings must be stored in cubbies or day lockers. The Aquatic and Fitness Center is not responsible for lost or stolen property.
- Report any injuries or incidents to the staff.
- Anyone not adhering to the rules may be asked to leave the premises.