Cancellations & Refunds
Terms & Conditions
- Annual and monthly memberships may be cancelled at any time during the membership term.
- Memberships cancelled within one year of purchase will be assessed a $25 cancellation fee.
- Monthly memberships will not receive a refund if there is less than 31 days remaining in the membership term.
- Refunds will be based on a pro-rated basis, calculated on a cost per day basis.
- Pro-rated refunds are calculated beginning from the date that the cancellation request is received by Member Services. The parking pass has been returned within 5 days of the request.
- Parking permit purchases are non-refundable.
- For specific program cancellations/refunds, consult with their respective policies.
- Membership fees paid with VISA or MasterCard will be refunded to the type of card used for original payment.
- Membership fees paid with cash or check will be refunded by way of a George Mason University check. Delivery time for GMU issued checks may take up to 30 days.
- Cancellation requests may be submitted by phone/voicemail at 703.993.2836 or via e-mail to Member Services.
Sample Cancellation Calculation
- Original enrollment date = 01 January
- Membership type = Community
- Membership fee = $750
- Cancellation request received = 8 July
- Value of remaining membership = $363.70
- Possible cancellation penalty = $25.00
- Total refund amount = $338.70