Mason Recreation memberships, including student memberships, are bound to the following general terms and conditions of facility use. Because there are slight variations in facility use rules for the Aquatic & Fitness Center (AFC), Skyline Fitness Center, and the Recreation & Athletic Complex (RAC), patrons are required to observe posted rules within each facility.
1. Mason Recreation memberships, with active status, permit the patron to access Mason Recreation’s facilities (AFC, RAC, and Skyline Fitness Center) during their normal business hours. All Mason Recreation facilities adhere to the emergency management policies, procedures and guidelines of the Environment Health & Safety Department including training exercises, planning, and outreach activities which patrons must comply with.
2. With the exception of the Masters Swimming memberships, Mason Recreation memberships are not designed for exclusive use of any single resource or piece of equipment within any of the facilities. In the event that a resource is temporarily unavailable (e.g. swimming pool closure, basketball court closure, or racquetball court closure, etc.), refunds, credits, or extensions will not be given.
3. Mason Recreation reserves the right to terminate a membership, with or without refund, in the event that a patron violates any of the posted policies in the Mason Recreation facilities and/or on the website.
4. All patrons must present their Mason ID or Rec Membership ID to check in at any of the facilities. Two (2) entrances per semester are allowed when no ID card is present. Mason Recreation reserves the right to terminate a membership, with or without refund, in the event that a patron attempts to fraudulently access Mason Recreation’s facilities, or aids in the fraudulent access of another individual. Students displaying the above behavior may be suspended from accessing any or all of Mason Recreation’s facilities for any length of time.
5. In order for additional individuals to be registered under an account, the main contact must have valid access for the additional patron to receive the same price eligibility. Account holders with dependents who are minors must observe facility rules concerning age restricted areas. Mason Recreation reserves the right to refuse or revoke membership/access privileges to any account holder, sponsored guest, or visitor in the event that facility rules are violated.