Terms & Conditions
- Payroll deduction memberships may be cancelled at any time within the membership term.
- A $25 cancellation fee will be assessed for all cancellations within the initial membership term.
- Requests to cancel payroll deduction memberships should be made by e-mail to Member Services.
- Deduction stop orders are sent from Member Services to the GMU Department of Human Resources & Payroll on the next available semimonthly time sheet submission date after the request is received.
Sample Deduction Cancellation Timeline
- Semi-monthly pay period = 10 Apr to 24 Apr
- Time sheet submission date = 22 Apr
- Pay date for this pay period = 1 May
- Deduction requested = 20 Apr
- Deduction stop order sent to Payroll = 21 Apr
- Last paycheck that will have deduction = 1 May
If the deduction cancellation was requested by the membership holder on or after 21 Apr, the deduction stop order will be sent to Payroll on the next available time sheet submission date (for this example, it would be 9 May).
- Deduction requested = 23 Apr
- Deduction stop order sent to Payroll = 9 May
- Last paycheck that will have deduction = 16 May