Photo & Filming Policy
Photography and Filming Policy
- The Mason Recreation facilities and fields are private spaces, therefore, photography and videography is strictly prohibited. Requests to film or photograph within these areas must be completed online at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Filming or photography for class projects, group practices, newspapers, articles, and all other media must abide by this policy.
- All photography/videotaping must be done using care for patrons and personal privacy must be respected. If patrons can be identified in any shot, their explicit permission must be obtained. Participants have a right to decline being in any shot.
- Patrons may not use any Mason Recreation facilities for any photography or videography of a promotional nature that benefits an individual, business, or company, unless explicit permission has been granted by the Assistant Director of Marketing.
- This includes “selfies”, photo shoots, workout videos, or other media that may be posted to an individual, or company’s, social media accounts, websites, or other promotional material.
- Photography/videotaping may not be conducted in any facility locker rooms or restrooms.
“Selfie” & Personal Device Policy
- Patrons’ cell phones may be used to take photos or videos of themselves or friends working out within the facility and must remain for personal use only.
- Photography of other patrons without their explicit permission is strictly prohibited. (This includes those shown in backgrounds of ‘Snaps’, photos, etc.)
- Patrons taking photos or videos with their cell phone for personal use must not interrupt or cause any discomfort/nuisance to others.
- In the event that Mason Recreation staff suspect a guest is abusing the cell phone privilege, they will be asked to put their phone away or leave the Mason Recreation facility/ field if they continue to violate the policy.
- Repeated and/ or severe abuse of this policy may result in a suspension from the Mason Recreation facilities/ fields, or cause the termination of your Mason Recreation Membership without a refund.
All requests for media interviews and photography/videos of Mason Recreation programs, the Mason Recreation facilities, and/or participants for commercial or academic media must be made in advance. This may be done via online form here.