Mason REC Camp 2019
Registration Opens March 4
We are back and offering a summer day camp on the Fairfax Campus!
Mason Recreation is excited to provide campers with a well-rounded recreation experience. Our goal is to keep campers moving while exposing them to a variety of recreational activities to build a passion for lifelong learning and maintaining an active lifestyle. Campers will participate in activities including team building, creative problem solving, crafts, and swimming. Our staff and counselors will promote a safe and engaging environment for campers to express their personalities through a variety of structured and “free play” indoor/outdoor activities relating to our weekly themes.
What will your camper be doing?
Mason Rec Camp will take advantage of the great facilities of the Aquatic and Fitness Center (AFC) and Recreation and Athletic Complex (RAC) on George Mason University’s Fairfax Campus.
Activities will include, but are not limited to:
- Nature Walking
- Team Sports
- Team Building Activities
- Educational Activities based around themes
- Dance and Music
A Day at Mason Rec Camp
- 7:30am – 8am *Optional extended care
- 8am – 9am *Drop off
- 9am *Camp activities/outdoors
- 10:30am *Morning snack (provided)
- 11am *Camp activities/pool
- Noon *Lunch (provided by camper)
- 1pm *Camp activities/pool
- 2:30pm *Afternoon snack
- 3pm *Crafts/games
- 4pm – 5pm *Free pick up time
- 5pm – 6pm *Optional extended care
View our facilities here: Mason Recreation Facilities
When is this awesome camp?
Camp will run weekly, Monday – Friday, June 17th – July 26th, 2019 9:00am – 4:00pm. Drop-off will begin as early as 8:00am and pick-up will continue through 5:00pm. There will be no camp on July 4th (fees adjusted). *Extended care is available in the morning and evening for an additional fee of $50/week.
|June 17 - June 21||Beach Week|
|June 24 - June 28||Disney Week|
|July 1 - July 5 (remember, no camp July 4th!)||Protect & Serve Week|
|July 8 - July 12||Adventure Week|
|July 15 - July 19||Mad Science Week|
|July 22 - July 26||Green & Gold Week|
Extended care is available from 7am - 8am and 5pm - 6pm each week for an additional fee of $50/week.
Who gets to come to camp?
Mason Rec Camp is looking for excited campers 6 – 12 years old! *Campers MUST be a minimum of 6 years old at some point during camp dates to be eligible.
All campers must be able to:
- Actively participate in a full-day program
- Consistently participate in a 1:8 staffing ratio ( 1 counselor to 8 children)
- Separate from parent with little or no difficulty
- Follow and accept directions and structure as necessary.
- Respect others and their property
- Take turns and share in a cooperative manner
- Ability to communicate with staff
- Be able to toilet independently
- Change clothes without assistance
- Apply sunscreen with the guidance of a counselor