Are clubs permitted to practice and compete?
Currently, all clubs are permitted to practice and compete. The Club Sports administrative staff will continue to monitor the evolving climate surrounding COVID-19 by consulting the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), The Virginia Department of Health, George Mason University, collegiate club sport administrators throughout the state and region, and various national governing bodies.
All club participants will be required to complete pre-participation documents on IMLeagues.
Will face coverings be required during club sport activities?
Face coverings are not required to be worn during club sport activities.
Will Mason Recreation provide water for club sport activities?
- Clubs have the option to utilize a water bottle re-fill station for outdoor practices and home games. Additionally, water fountains located in the RAC & AFC will be available for clubs practicing indoors.
- Individuals are responsible for bringing their own water bottle that has been clearly labeled with their name.
- Water bottles MAY NOT be shared.
- Water bottles should be properly disinfected after each use.
Do we still need to submit a pre-participation physical?
Annual physical will be required for all new and returning participants. Physical are valid for 365 days. If you are a returning participant and unsure when your physical expires, please contact Jenny Tolson – Head Athletic Trainer.
New club members have 21 days (3 weeks) to have a physical completed and received by the athletic trainer. This will allow you enough time to see if it is something you wish to pursue before having a physical completed. We highly encourage you to schedule an appointment with your primary care physician if possible.
Physicals may be submitted three ways:
- Mailbox – drop off a physical copy of your Physical Form in the Club Sports Athletic Training Mailbox located in the front lobby at the RAC. *this is the preferred method of submission
- Hand Delivered – drop off a copy of your Physical Form in the Athletic Training Room at 1006 at the RAC.
- Fax – (703) 993-2510
Student Health Services Contact Information:
- Contact #: (703) 993-2831
- Location: Sub, Room 2300 – Fairfax Campus
How do I schedule an appointment for evaluation or treatment with an athletic trainer?
Individuals that would like to be evaluated or meet with the athletic trainer MUST schedule an appointment in advance.
Office Hours: M-R (2:30PM – 5PM)
- Email: Jenny Tolson
- Phone: (703) 993-3291
What should I do if I begin to experience signs or symptoms of COVID-19?
- Stay home
- If participating in an activity, immediately remove yourself and make use of a face covering.
- Seek medical care
- If you feel sick and have symptoms such as cough, difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle aches, headache, sore throat, or lost/decreased sense of taste or smell, call your provider for medical advice.
- Do not go to a health facility without calling first.
- If Student Health is your primary car provide, call (703) 993-2831
- Notify Club Sport Administrator and Club Sports Athletic Trainer
- If you are unsure who your Club Sport Administrator is, please contact your club president.
For more information regarding COVID-19, please visit George Mason’s Safe Return to Campus website.