We offer a variety of Outdoor Venues to our students and members, featuring grass and artificial turf fields, courts for tennis, pickleball and basketball, as well as an large open air pavilion. All located on the western side of Mason’s Fairfax campus, our Outdoor Venues are located either directly outside of the Recreation Athletic Complex (The RAC), or further along Campus Drive in Mason’s West Campus Park.
- Located outside of The RAC: RAC field, Pickleball courts, Basketball courts.
- Located at West Campus Park: The Pavilion, Tennis courts, and fields 3, 4 and 5.
Students living on-campus may easily access the all of our Outdoor Venues using the campus shuttle. Students and faculty/staff are welcome to use all venues during the hours of operation for free play when there are not scheduled reservations.
A valid George Mason I.D. is required at all times. Please be sure to check the online schedule before inquiring for free play.
All facility users are expected to follow the posted facility policies as follows:
- Fields are open to Mason Students, faculty/staff and rental groups with a valid Mason ID or field contract.
- Priority is given to those with prior approved reservation; all other is on a first come basis.
- Alcohol and tobacco products (including vaping) are not permitted.
- No food or glass bottles allowed on the fields.
- Metal spikes are not permitted. Molded cleats or turf/tennis shoes only.
- No pets are allowed on the fields or in the spectator seating area.
- Motorized vehicles and bicycles are not permitted.
- Batting, kicking or throwing of balls in the fence is not permitted.
- Foul language, inappropriate behavior and abuse of the facility will not be tolerated.
- Mason Recreation is not responsible for damaged, lost or stolen items.
If you need assistance or need to report an incident, injury or unsafe conditions, please call the Outdoor Supervisor at (571) 335-664