Dry Triathlon Event
Want to stay dry while you TRI? Join us for this our all-new Fitness event – our Dry Triathlon!
Test your strength, endurance, and overall fitness with this dry (no swimming involved) triathlon involving body weight exercises, indoor cycling, and a treadmill run/walk! Please note – participants must comply with all facility policies including mask-wearing.
Date: Saturday, November 13th at 10:00am
– All participants have until 12:30pm to complete the event.
– Check-in is 9:15-9:45am at the front desk. Please be prompt so that rules and exercises can be reviewed before we start.
Location: Aquatic and Fitness Center: Activities will be hosted in the group fitness room, cycling room, and upper fitness area.
– $10 for students
– $20 for non-students
– Registration is open now through Wednesday, November 10th
– Register at connect.recreation.gmu.edu
– Not affiliated with Mason? Fill out THIS form to request an online account in order to register.
3 Triathlon Format Options:
– FULL: 300 body weight reps, 10 miles on the indoor cycle, 5k (3.1 miles) on the treadmill
– RELAY: join 2 other friends as each person completes one of the legs above
– SPRINT: 150 body weight reps, 5 miles on the indoor cycle, and 1.5 miles on the treadmill
Go to recreation.gmu.edu/fitness/drytriathlon for more info like the exercises, rules, and day-of logistics
Body weight exercises include squats, push-ups, abdominal v-ups, step-ups, plank jacks, and burpees.
POST RACE CELEBRATION:
We will be celebrating and handing out awards as soon as the event is over, no later than 1pm, in the AFC group fitness room.
Winners of the full, relay, and sprint will all receive awards. Participants will receive swag!