Fall 2022 Group Fitness Schedules
Registration will need to be done in advance for all classes. Learn how to register here!
Pro Tip: For pre-recorded workouts made by our instructors, log onto Mason’s BurnAlong website and visit our Mason Recreation page. Learn more about BurnAlong here.
Classes run: Aug 22- Dec 3
No classes: Labor Day and over Thanksgiving Break.
All classes will run with our Group Fitness Safety Protocol in place. Participants must clean their equipment after use and must reserve their spot in class HERE.
All classes in the first table below are in the Aquatic and Fitness Center (AFC).
Fall 2022 AFC Group Fitness and Cycling Classes
All classes are FREE to full-time students and members. Classes run August 22-Dec 3! No classes over Thanksgiving Break. Pink Gloves Boxing classes are all FREE until September 1!
|6:45am-7:45am||Boot Camp with Jen S. in AFC 118|
|9:30am-10:30am||Killer Kettlebells with Evan in AFC 118|
|10:30am-11:30am||Cycle with Jen M. in AFC Cycle Room|
|12pm-1pm||Aqua Aerobics with Ola in Rec Pool||Aqua Aerobics with Ola in Rec Pool|
|12:15pm-1:15pm||Cardio Kickboxing with Mary in AFC 118|
Cycle with Stephanie in AFC Cycle Room
|Strictly Strength with Jenn M in AFC 118|
Cycle with Karen in AFC Cycle Room
|Warrior Rhythm with Catherine in AFC 118|
Cycle with Jenn M. in AFC Cycle Room
|Barre with Catherine in AFC 118|
Cycle with Karen in AFC Cycle Room
|Strictly Strength with Jen M. in AFC 118|
Cycle with Steve in AFC Cycle Room
|4:15pm-5:15pm||Move like an Athlete with Connor in AFC 118||HIIT with Connor (25 min) in AFC 118|
|4:30pm-5:25pm||Barre with Catherine in AFC 118||Zumba with Zorayda in AFC 118|
|4:40pm-5:05pm||Hard Core with Connor in AFC 118|
|5:15pm-6:15pm||Boot Camp with Jason in AFC 118|
|5:30pm-6:30pm||Zumba with Zorayda in AFC 118||PGB Tier 1/Tier 2 w/ Riley/Lainey* in AFC 118||Boot Camp with Jennifer DLR in AFC 118|
Cycle with Kathy in AFC Cycle Room
|PGB Tier 1/Tier 2 w/ Jennifer/Lainey* in AFC 118|
|6:45pm-7:15pm||Hard Core with Dana in AFC 118|
|6:45pm-7:45pm||Afrobeats with Briana-Allyn in AFC 118||Zumba with Zorayda in AFC 118|
|7:30pm-8:00pm||Cycle Express with Dana in AFC Cycle Room|
|7:30pm-8:30pm||Afrobeats with Briana-Allyn in AFC 118|
|7:50pm-8:50pm||Cardio Dance with Linda in AFC 118|
|8:00pm-8:30pm||Cycle Express with Dana in AFC Cycle Room|
|*This is a fee based class that is free for the first two weeks of school. Go to https://recreation.gmu.edu/fitness/pgb/ to learn more about Pink Gloves Boxing.|
Fall 2022 RAC Yoga/Pilates and Martial Arts
Classes run August 22-Dec 3! There are no classes over Thanksgiving Break. Participants must follow our Group Fitness Safety Protocol as well as reserve their spot in class at connect.recreation.gmu.edu
|7:30am-8:30am||Tai Chi with Reza in Martial Arts Room||Tai Chi with Reza in Martial Arts Room|
|9:00am-10:00am||Yoga with Reza in Yoga Room|
|12:15pm-1:15pm||Pilates with Maha in Yoga Room||Pilates with Maha in Yoga Room|
|5:15pm-6:15pm||Self Defense with Reza in Martial Arts Room|
Yoga with Stefan in Yoga Room
|Self Defense with Reza in Martial Arts Room|
|6:30pm-7:30pm||Japanese Jiu Jitsu with Brian in Martial Arts Room|
Cardio Yoga with Catherine in Yoga Room
|Japanese Jiu Jitsu with Brian in Martial Arts Room||Taekwondo with Dana in Martial Arts Room|
|6:30pm-8:00pm||Aikido with Stefan in Martial Arts Room||Yoga and Meditation with Reza in Yoga Room|
|6:45pm-7:45pm||Yoga with Reza in Yoga Room||Yoga with Reza in Yoga Room||Yoga with Jason in Yoga Room|
- You must have a current Mason Recreation membership to be eligible to take part in our “In Person” group fitness classes.
- Admittance to all classes requires online registration through connect.recreation.gmu.edu.
- Check in at the facility front desk is required.
- Members may not arrive more than 15 minutes before their reservation time.
- Appropriate workout attire required, including shirt and close-toed athletic shoes. Sandals and denim are not permitted.
- Barre and Belly Dance classes can choose whether shoes are worn or not in the specific room. If a patron leaves the room, the patron must have shoes on.
- If equipment is being used in these classes that can be dropped on the foot, then patrons must wear shoes for that portion of class.
- There is no admittance ten minutes after a class has begun.
- No food or drink except clear liquids in sealable plastic containers.
- Do not drop weights.
- Return equipment to designated area after use.
- Do not remove equipment from this studio.
- Report any injuries or incidents to staff.
- Anyone not adhering to these rules may be asked to leave the premises.
If you have further questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 703-993-9807