Fall 2021 Group Fitness Schedule
Registration will need to be done in advance for both virtual and in-person classes. Learn how to register here!
Pro Tip: For pre-recorded workouts made by our instructors, log onto Mason’s BurnAlong website and visit our Mason Recreation page. Learn more about BurnAlong here.
Classes run August 23-December 10! All classes will run with our Group Fitness Safety Protocol in place. Participants must clean their equipment after use and must reserve their spot in class HERE.
All classes in the first table below are in the Aquatic and Fitness Center (AFC).
|6:45am-7:45am||Cycle with Steve in AFC Cycle Room|
|7:30am-8:15am||HIIT and Core with Sherwin|
|10:30am-11:30am||Cycle with Instructor Rotation in AFC Cycle Room|
|12pm-1pm||Aqua Aerobics with Debbie in Rec Pool||Aqua Aerobics with Ola in Rec Pool|
|12:15pm-1:15pm||Functional Training with Char *Beginning October 11|
Cycle with Stephanie in AFC Cycle Room
|Strictly Strength with Jen M.|
Cycle with Karen in Cycle Room
|Barre with Catherine|
Cycle with Jen in AFC Cycle Room
|Killer Kettlebells with Char||Boot Camp with Char|
Cycle with Steve in AFC Cycle Room
|4:30-5:30pm||Strength and Kettlebells with Jen M.|
|5:00pm-6:00pm||Barre with Catherine|
|5:30pm-6:25pm||Pink Gloves Boxing with Lainey and Riley*||Boot Camp with Jennifer|
Cycle with Kathy in AFC Cycle Room
|Pink Gloves Boxing with Lainey and Riley*|
|5:45pm-6:15pm||Cycle Express with Dana in AFC Cycle Room|
|6:30pm-7:00pm||Hard Core with Dana|
|* There is a fee associated with this class.
There will be no classes during Wednesday through Sunday of Thanksgiving Break.
Fall 2021 RAC In-Person Classes
Classes run August 23-December 10! Participants must follow our Group Fitness Safety Protocol as well as reserve their spot in class at connect.recreation.gmu.edu
|4pm-5pm||Yoga with Chandana in Yoga Room|
|4:30pm-5:30pm||Self Defense with David beginning September 13* in Martial arts Room|
|5:15pm-6:15pm||Yoga with Chandana||Yoga with Stefan in Yoga Room||Yoga with Veronique in the Martial Arts Room|
|5:30pm-6:30pm||Kung Fit with Michael in Martial Arts Room|
|6:30pm-7:30pm||Japanese Jiu Jitsu with Brian in Martial Arts Room|
Cardio Yoga with Catherine in Yoga Room
|Aikido with Stefan in Martial Arts Room||Yoga with Veronique in Yoga Room||Tae Kwon Do with Dana in Martial Arts Room|
Yoga with Veronique in Martial Arts Room
|*There is a fee associated with this class.
There will be no group fitness classes on Labor Day or Wednesday through Sunday of Thanksgiving Break.
Fall 2021 Virtual Fitness Schedule
All virtual classes are offered via Zoom. Online reservations are required for all classes. Schedule runs August 23-December 10.
|6:45am-7:45am||Boot Camp with Jen S.|
|6:30pm - 7:30pm||Zumba with Ayla *Beginning August 30*||Yoga with Alyssa|
- You must have a current Mason Recreation membership to be eligible to take part in our “In Person” group fitness classes.
- Admittance to all classes requires online registration through connect.recreation.gmu.edu.
- Check in at the facility front desk is required.
- Members may not arrive more than 15 minutes before their reservation time.
- Masks are required for unvaccinated patrons while not exercising.
- All sales will be cashless.
- No towels for rent.
- Cleaning: All members will receive a spray bottle and towel on entry for machine/equipment cleaning while in facility. These should be returned before leaving.
- Come dressed and ready. There will be no locker rooms available for changing.
- Restrooms will be open and available.
- Small bags will be allowed but must stay with you. Lockers and cubbies will be closed.
- University screening process will be mandatory for entry. (The scope of this will be determined by the university and we will follow in accordance.)
- Limited amenities, services, and hours.
- All participants must be at least 16 years of age.
- Appropriate workout attire required, including shirt and close-toed athletic shoes. Sandals and denim are not permitted.
- Barre and Belly Dance classes can choose whether shoes are worn or not in the specific room. If a patron leaves the room, the patron must have shoes on.
- If equipment is being used in these classes that can be dropped on the foot, then patrons must wear shoes for that portion of class.
- There is no admittance ten minutes after a class has begun.
- No food or drink except clear liquids in sealable plastic containers.
- Do not drop weights.
- Return equipment to designated area after use.
- Do not remove equipment from this studio.
- Report any injuries or incidents to staff.
- Anyone not adhering to these rules may be asked to leave the premises.
|Fitness Class Access Level||Classes Included||Semester Price|
|Green Access||Virtual and In-Person: |
|Free with facility membership|
|Gold Access||Virtual and In-Person: |
|Free with facility membership|
|Gold Access Only||-Virtual Green Access Classes|
-Virtual Gold Access Classes
*Gold Class Access Only purchases expire at the end of each semester and are non-refundable.*
**In order to be classified as a student, you must be registered for Fall 2021 classes**
If you have further questions please email us at email@example.com or by phone at 703-993-9807