Spring 2021 In-Person Group Fitness Schedule
Winter Break Virtual Classes run January 11-February 5th. This page combines our Spring 2021 Green Access and Gold Access in-person classes, both of which are free to students and members. NEW THIS SPRING: as a guest, you can participate in our classes at no extra cost after purchasing the facility day pass!
Jump to: Virtual Group Fitness Schedule
Registration will need to be done in advance for both virtual and in-person classes. Learn how to register here!
Pro Tip: For pre-recorded workouts made by our instructors, log onto Mason’s BurnAlong website and visit our Mason Recreation page. Learn more about BurnAlong here.
Spring 2021 In-Person Group Fitness Classes
Classes run February 8 - April 30! All classes will run with our Group Fitness Safety Protocol in place. Participants must clean their equipment after use and must reserve their spot in class via connect.recreation.gmu.edu.
|7:45am-8:45am||Barre with Catherine|
AFC Group Fitness Room
|Strictly Strength with Char|
in AFC Group Fitness Room
|12:15pm-1:15pm||Cycle with Steve in AFC Group Fitness Room||Total Body Conditioning with Jen M. in AFC Group Fitness Room||Power Dance with Abby in AFC Group Fitness Room||Cycle with Karen in AFC Group Fitness Room||Cycle with Steve in AFC Group Fitness Room|
|4:15pm-5:15pm||Zumba with Manoa in the RAC Martial Arts Room||Cardio Yoga with Catherine in RAC Martial Arts Room|
|5:45pm-6:45pm||Yoga with Sean in RAC Martial Arts Room||Yoga with Sean in RAC Martial Arts Room||Yoga with Sam in RAC Martial Arts Room|
|*denotes Gold Access class|
- You must have a current Mason Recreation membership to be eligible to take part in our “In Person” Green and/or Gold Access fitness classes.
- Admittance to all classes requires online registration through connect.recreation.gmu.edu.
- Check in at the facility front desk is required.
- Members may not arrive more than 15 minutes before their reservation time.
- Masks are required at all times in facility, including while exercising.
- Members must bring their own equipment for the class (i.e., mat, block, straps, blanket, etc.).
- All sales will be cashless.
- No towels for rent.
- Cleaning: All members will receive a spray bottle and towel on entry for machine/equipment cleaning while in facility. These should be returned before leaving.
- Come dressed and ready. There will be no locker rooms available for changing.
- Restrooms will be open and available.
- Small bags will be allowed but must stay with you. Lockers and cubbies will be closed.
- University screening process will be mandatory for entry. (The scope of this will be determined by the university and we will follow in accordance.)
- Limited amenities, services, and hours.
- All participants must be at least 16 years of age.
- Appropriate workout attire required, including shirt and close-toed athletic shoes. Sandals and denim are not permitted.
- Barre and Belly Dance classes can choose whether shoes are worn or not in the specific room. If a patron leaves the room, the patron must have shoes on.
- If equipment is being used in these classes that can be dropped on the foot, then patrons must wear shoes for that portion of class.
- There is no admittance ten minutes after a class has begun.
- No food or drink except clear liquids in sealable plastic containers.
- Do not drop weights.
- Return equipment to designated area after use.
- Do not remove equipment from this studio.
- Report any injuries or incidents to staff.
- Anyone not adhering to these rules may be asked to leave the premises.
What is the difference between Green Class Access and Gold Class Access?
- Green Class Access Classes– Free with your membership to the facilities. Those classes include Group X and Cycling.
These classes are currently on hold: Aqua Aerobics and Flow Motion FITT
- Gold Class Access Classes– Free with your membership to the facilities. These are typically our fee based classes. This semester we are making our fee-based classes available so that you can attend them as many times as you want with your facility membership. Those include Yoga/Pilates classes.
These classes are currently on hold: Martial Arts and Self-Defense
|Fitness Class Access Level||Classes Included||Semester Price|
|Green Access||Virtual and In-Person: |
|Free with facility membership|
|Gold Access||Virtual and In-Person: |
|Free with facility membership|
|Gold Access Only||-Virtual Green Access Classes|
-Virtual Gold Access Classes
*Gold Class Access Only purchases expire at the end of each semester and are non-refundable.*
**In order to be classified as a student, you must be registered for Fall 2020 classes**
If you have further questions please email us at email@example.com or by phone at 703-993-9807