Spring 2018 Yoga & Pilates
Upcoming Hours for Spring 2018 Yoga & Pilates
Passes for the Spring 2018 semester go on sale starting January 1st, 2018.
Classes Run: January 22nd-May 5th
Free Weeks: January 22nd-February 3rd
No Classes: March 12th-March 17th
RAC Yoga & Pilates Schedule
This schedule is tentative and may change prior to class start dates:
|*GOLD CLASS ACCESS REQUIRED FOR ALL CLASSES LISTED ABOVE*|
|12:00pm-1:00pm||*New Class Room*|
Vinyasa Flow Yoga
|*New Class Room*|
|*New Class Room*|
|8:00pm - 9:15pm||Slow-Flow Yoga|
|Membership Status||Semester Price|
|***Group X, Cycling, and Aqua Aerobics are Green Class Access unless otherwise noted.***
*Yoga/Pilates, Martial Arts and Self-Defense require Gold Class Access.*
|***Green Class Access- Students***||***Free with facility membership***|
|***Green Class Access- Non-Students***||***Free with facility membership***|
|*Gold Class Access- Students*||$50|
|*Gold Class Access- Facility Members, Non-Students*||$70|
|*Gold Access Only Membership*-No facility membership required||$170|
*Gold Class Access purchases expire at the end of each semester and are nonrefundable.*
Purchase “Gold Class Access” and go to any class
If you purchase Gold Class Access you can attend any of our fee based classes. Those include any of the Martial Arts & Self-Defense, and Yoga/Pilates classes at the RAC. Don’t forget you already have Green Class Access for free with your facility membership. Those include the basic Group X and Cycling classes at the AFC.
Drop-In (Daily) Rate
- Yoga: Our yoga classes promote stamina, strength, flexibility, balance, body awareness, and mental clarity by focusing on alignment and incorporating yogic breathing, mediation, and relaxation techniques. Each instructor brings their unique style to the class experience. All levels welcome!
- Yoga/Pilates Fusion: A mix of Yoga and Pilates to introduce the novice to the principles of Yoga and Pilates while continuing to challenge the more experienced participant. We even throw in props to keep things interesting. All levels welcome!
- Hatha Yoga: Participants concentrate on Yoga poses, breathing practices, relaxation and meditation. The use of the breath is focused on to assist the flow into, through and out of poses. This class is designed to help with balance, stretching, strengthening and mind-body awareness.
- Meditation Yoga: “Yogas Citta Vritti Nirodhah”- Yoga is a calming of the fluctuations of the mind. Meditation is a core practice within the discipline of Yoga. Various yogic techniques will be utilized to bring the body & mind into a deep state of stillness & silence. Methods explored in this class will include pranayama (breathing exercises), mantra japa (chanting), guided relaxation and more. Comfortable, loose-fitting and warm attire is recommended.
- Slow-Flow Yoga: Slow-Flow Yoga is a class that combines Vinyasa flow sequences, meditative movement and static poses to move energy through the body, destress, and build strength all at the same time. This class is great for all levels, and will leave you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated!
- Yava Yoga: Join Paloma as she helps you enjoy the benefits of relaxation, increased flexibility, and toning your body. We will combine functional preparatory movements into to the flow of asanas (poses) to improve the safety and success of practicing Yoga. Every class includes a blend of balance, flexion, extension, torsion and relaxation to equalize the stimulation of all major organs in the body. No previous experience is necessary. Yava Yoga can be practiced by everyone!
- All participants must be at least 16 years of age.
- Appropriate workout attire required, including shirts and workout pants or shorts. Denim and Khakis is not permitted.
- Yoga/Pilates classes can choose whether shoes are worn or not in the specific room. If a patron leaves the room, the patron must have shoes on.
- If equipment is being used in these classes that can be dropped on the foot, then patrons must wear shoes for that portion of class.
- Admittance to all classes requires registration through the front desk. The front desk will not distribute tickets five minutes after a class has started.
- There is no admittance ten minutes after a class has begun.
- Clean equipment after each use with towels and spray bottles provided. Return cleaning supplies after use.
- No food or drink allowed except for clear liquids in re-sealable plastic containers.
- Personal belongings must be stored in cubbies or day lockers. The Aquatic and Fitness Center is not responsible for lost or stolen property.
- Report any injuries or incidents to the staff.
- Anyone not adhering to the rules may be asked to leave the premises.