Spring 2019 Mind & Body
Upcoming Hours for Spring 2019 Mind & Body
**Gold Access classes are FREE from Tuesday, January 22nd – Monday, February 4th**
Schedule Runs: Tuesday, January 22nd – Monday, May 6th
No Classes: Saturday, March 9th – Saturday, March 16th
RAC Yoga & Pilates Schedule
|*GOLD CLASS ACCESS REQUIRED FOR ALL CLASSES LISTED ABOVE*|
*Martial Arts Room*
|5:15pm-6:15 pm||Yin Yoga|
|Membership Status||Fall Semester Price|
|***Group X, Cycling, Aqua Aerobics, and Flow Motion FITT are Green Class Access unless otherwise noted.***
*Yoga/Pilates, Martial Arts and Self-Defense require Gold Class Access.*
|***Green Class Access- Students***||***Free with facility membership***|
|***Green Class Access- Non-Students***||***Free with facility membership***|
|*Gold Class Access- Students*||$50|
|*Gold Class Access- Facility Members, Non-Students*||$70|
|*Gold Access Only Membership*-No facility membership required||$170|
*Gold Class Access purchases expire at the end of each semester and are nonrefundable.*
Purchase “Gold Class Access” and go to any class
If you purchase Gold Class Access you can attend any of our fee based classes. Those include any of the Martial Arts & Self-Defense, and Yoga/Pilates classes at the RAC. Don’t forget you already have Green Class Access for free with your facility membership. Those include the basic Group X and Cycling classes at the AFC.
Drop-In (Daily) Rate
- Gentle Yoga: Designed to increase flexibility, strengthen the body, relieve stress and calm the mind. This slow moving Yoga class synchronizes movement with breath for the perfect mind and body connection. Great for beginners and anyone wanting to restore their internal balance.
- Hatha Yoga: Participants concentrate on Yoga poses, breathing practices, relaxation and meditation. The use of the breath is focused on to assist the flow into, through and out of poses. This class is designed to help with balance, stretching, strengthening and mind-body awareness.
- Pilates: Our Pilates classes are designed to stretch and strengthen the body, primarily the muscles of the core. Participants will burn fat, increase flexibility and improve posture. All levels welcome!
- Qigong: Composed of repetitive movements that will stretch the body, increase fluid movement and build body awareness. This class will help participants manage stress, improve energy, and increase strength.
- Restorative Yoga: Restorative Yoga is all about relaxation and stress relief. This practice utilizes props like blankets, blocks and bolsters to place the body in comfortable, supportive postures that help facilitate deep relaxation. Restorative Yoga is great for calming and “restoring” the body and mind.
- Yin Yoga: Yin Yoga is different from other styles of Yoga in that students hold few poses for extended periods of time. Long holds allow the body to release tension at a deep level by targeting joints, deep tissues, and organs, and it helps facilitate homeostasis in the body’s cells and energetic systems. Yin Yoga is a great compliment to other styles of yoga and helps to relieve sore muscles after strenuous activity.
- Yoga: Our Yoga classes promote stamina, strength, flexibility, balance, body awareness, and mental clarity by focusing on alignment and incorporating yogic breathing, mediation, and relaxation techniques. Each instructor brings their unique style to the class experience. All levels welcome!
- Yoga/Pilates Fusion: A mix of Yoga and Pilates to introduce the novice to the principles of Yoga and Pilates while continuing to challenge the more experienced participant. We even throw in props to keep things interesting. All levels welcome!
- All participants must be at least 16 years of age.
- Appropriate workout attire required, including shirts and workout pants or shorts. Denim and Khakis is not permitted.
- Yoga/Pilates classes can choose whether shoes are worn or not in the specific room. If a patron leaves the room, the patron must have shoes on.
- If equipment is being used in these classes that can be dropped on the foot, then patrons must wear shoes for that portion of class.
- Admittance to all classes requires registration through the front desk. The front desk will not distribute tickets five minutes after a class has started.
- There is no admittance ten minutes after a class has begun.
- Clean equipment after each use with towels and spray bottles provided. Return cleaning supplies after use.
- No food or drink allowed except for clear liquids in re-sealable plastic containers.
- Personal belongings must be stored in cubbies or day lockers. The Aquatic and Fitness Center is not responsible for lost or stolen property.
- Report any injuries or incidents to the staff.
- Anyone not adhering to the rules may be asked to leave the premises.