Free Online Fitness Options
We may need to stay home, but that doesn’t mean we can’t also stay active! There are many online resources available to our Mason Community, check out the list below for more information.
Interested in joining our Mason Recreation fitness instructors for live-streaming workouts? Check out our offerings HERE.
Free Apps for Phones
Down Dog – downdogapp.com/
- App for personalized, at home workouts: Yoga for Beginners, HIIT, Barre, and 7 Minute Workouts. FREE until April 1st for all | Free until July 1st for “.edu” emails
FitOn App | fitonapp.com/posts/
- Free fitness app with a variety of workouts and trainers
Freeletics | Freeletics in the App Store
- HIIT workouts/bodyweight workouts
Insight Timer | insighttimer.com/
- Free meditation app
Nike Training Club | nike.com/ntc-appm
- Free workouts, option for paid programs
PRx Fit | prxperformance.com/pages/prx-fit
- App featuring free daily workouts
TRX App | TRX.com
- Workouts with and without TRX straps!
- Free 3 months with code ‘YUPVKVHVRW’
Fitness Blender | fitnessblender.com/videos
- Free workout videos
Pop Sugar Fitness | youtube.com/channel/UCBINFWq52ShSgUFEoynfSwg
- Youtube channel with a variety of workouts
The Fitness Marshall | youtube.com/channel/UCyqR7WkL8i1b6xtSssDmW9w
- Youtube channel with dance fitness routines
Energy X Fitness Solution | vimeo.com/energyxfitness
- Free online total body workout by credentialed fitness professionals
Websites Offering Fitness Options
305 Fitness | youtube.com/user/305fitness
- Offering cardio dance live streams twice a day on YouTube, at 12 p.m. and 6 p.m. ET.
Barre3 | barre3.com
- Website – free 15 day online classes trial
Barre Intensity | now.barreintensity.com/orders/checkout?c=338487
- Online video platform for barre
Barry’s BootCamp | instagram.com/p/B90YmMEJ4IE/
- Barry’s Bootcamp is hosting 20-minute bodyweight workouts live on Instagram for free. On Tuesday, its 9 a.m. PDT workout was hosted by CEO Joey Gonzalez, and ithe 12 p.m. PDT workout was led by VP of Curriculum Chris Hudson.
- Hosting virtual workouts, share tips to stay motivated, and answer fitness questions from the comments.
- Daily Facebook Live sessions weekdays at 8 a.m. ET.
Calm | calm.com/
- Currently free meditation resource during COVID-19
Core Power On-Demand | corepoweryogaondemand.com
- Yoga Classes – free right now
- Crunch Live, is now free for 45 days, even for non-members. The app has over 100 workouts, including dance, yoga, pilates, barre, kickboxing and more.
Do Yoga With Me | doyogawithme.com/
- Free Yoga Classes
Fitness Blender | youtube.com/channel/UCiP6wD_tYlYLYh3agzbByWQ
- FREE YouTube exercise – format variety
- Gold’s Gym is offering a variety of digital workouts for free through the end of May. Its app offers over 600 audio and video workouts.
Les Mills On Demand | watch.lesmillsondemand.com/free-content
- Current free workouts (i.e. grit)
LifeFitness | go.lifefitness.com/wod
- Digital Coaching
NYT 6-minute workouts | nytimes.com/2020/02/18/well/move/in-6-min
- Three six-minute workouts
Orange theory | youtube.com/user/Otheoryfitness
- Sharing a 30 minute workout each day
- For the next 90 days, Peloton is offering its app to new users for free. Even if you don’t have the bike, the app has yoga, meditation, strength, stretching, bodyweight cardio and strength training exercises.
- Live streaming “Work-Ins” at 7 p.m. ET every day on Facebook. The company said its trainers, and occasionally surprise celebrity guests, will lead the 20-minute workouts, which are free for everyone.
SuperherofitnessTV | youtube.com/channel/UConrMq-4C_ykPGueZ1qczlg
- Great collection of hip-hop and island dance fitness routines
Yoga Girl | yogagirl.com/practice
- Free yoga classes
Y360:Your Virtual YMCA | m.youtube.com/channel/UCOGt_IpceP_xQhhCMCrut_A
- Youtube channel with yoga, barre, and boot camp