Results Submissions on Strava
Race Results Submissions Via Strava
Step 1: Download the app or go to strava.com and create an account. There is no need to purchase the premium version for the purpose of this race.
When completing your profile, it is not required to enter private personal information such as birth date, weight, or maximum heart rate.
If you wish to ensure that your personal health data will not be accessed or shared by Strava, go to “profile” and then “settings”. Next, click on “data permissions”, and select “decline”.
Step 2: Search for the “Mason Recreation 2021 Virtual 5k Run” club in the app or go to https://www.strava.com/clubs/masonrecvirtual5k and join the club. Once you have joined the club, your runs that you upload to Strava will automatically be added to the club and you can access it by going to “clubs” in the app (top right).
For those with a competitive fire… In the club feed, you can see activities from other racers as well as leaderboards and posts. We will only consider runs that are completed during race week. Please include “Mason Rec Virtual 5k” in your activity title!
Step 3: Race week! Record your 5K between Saturday, March 27th and Sunday, April 4th (for best results, we suggest that you pre-plan your route). Be sure to include “5K Race” in the title of your activity to ensure we record your time.
*You may run your 5k on a treadmill if desired. Please click on the page “How to Submit my Treadmill results” for more information!
**You may compete in the 5k without using Strava. Please click on the page “How to submit my results file without using Strava”
To Record your own activity using Strava:
- Select “Record” (bottom center). From there, you can start and stop your run/walk and see your stats as you go.
- Once you’ve completed your activity, click “Finish.” This will take you to a screen where you can name your activity and even add photos or a description that you’d like to share!
- You can also change who can see your activity (everyone, just followers, or only you), it’s important that when you record your race weekend activity that it is visible to everyone.
- When you are happy with your activity, select “Save” (top right).
To Upload your activity from a GPS device or app onto Strava:
- Go to strava.com and click on the “+” button on the top righthand corner of the page.
- Plug your device into your computer using the charging cord. Click “File” to find the activity File, while your GPS device is connected to your computer (or after you have uploaded your activity files to your computer).
- OR Click “Device” and then choose your type of device to get started.
To Upload your activity from the Strava mobile app, you must sync your GPS device with the Strava mobile app.
To Sync your Fitbit to Strava:
You can automatically sync your Fitbit activities to Strava. To authorize the connection between Fitbit and Strava, go to http://strava.fitbit.com/ or from the Strava mobile app go to Settings > Applications, Services, and Devices > Connect a new device to Strava > Fitbit.
- Only new activities will sync automatically after creating the connection. If you wish to export a previous activity from Fitbit and upload it directly to Strava,please refer to Fitbit’s instructionson data export.
- Activities with no GPS data and duplicate activities will not sync to Strava.
To sync your Garmin GPS Device to Strava:
- From the Garmin Connect mobile app:
- If your Garmin device is Bluetooth-enabled, you can download the Garmin Connect mobile app, create a Garmin Connect account, and link to your Strava account by going to Settings > Partner Apps > Strava.
- Accept the “Upload your activities from Garmin Connect to Strava” permission when authorizing accounts.
- Disabling this permission will prevent past and future activity sync.
- Once activities are wirelessly uploaded to Garmin Connect via Bluetooth, they will appear on Strava a few moments later.
- After your first upload, Garmin will also sync your past 90 days of activity to Strava.
- Using Garmin Express:
- To upload using your computer, download and install Garmin Express and follow instructions to add your device.
- On the Strava website, visit strava.com/upload/device and find the Garmin option to authorize a link to Strava.
- Once you’ve established this connection, any new activities uploaded to Garmin Connect™ will automatically sync to Strava. After your first upload, Garmin will also sync your past 90 days of activity to Strava.
For tips on syncing from other devices not listed or for more help and troubleshooting, please visit How to get your Activities to Strava – Strava Support