2019 Mason Open
Date: Friday, May 3, 2019
Start Time: 1:00PM, Shotgun Start
Location: Penderbrook Golf Club
Cost: $75.00 per person (non-Mason students) $45.00 (current Mason students) *Faculty and staff are not eligible for the student rate.
All proceeds of the Mason Open support the Mason Recreation – Student Development Fund. The fund provides students the ability to pursue professional development opportunities at various conferences, seminars, and courses throughout the country.
This year, The Student Development Fund helped send eight students to the National Intramural Recreational Sports Association Annual Conference in Boston, MA and many more to the Virginia State Conference (VRSA) held at James Madison University. The students are also provided the opportunity to officiate NIRSA extramural tournaments. These conferences and tournaments are great way to help students network with professionals from other schools. As a result, many students make connections which can lead to graduate assistant positions. As of March 1, 2019, several Mason Recreation student staff have been offered graduate assistantships in recreation.
Thank you for your support and we hope to see you on the course!
How to Register
Register a Team or as an Individual
- Pre-Pay & Register online: Click here to visit our online registration page.
- Register a Team
- Register as an Individual
- Pre-Register & Pay On-site: Email Dan Labriola
- Team or Individual
- Please include the Full Name, Affiliation (student, faculty/staff, community member, or alumni), and email address
- Team or Individual
*Payment will be accepted on-site via cash, check (payable to GMU Foundation) and VISA/Mastercard.
Registration Fee Includes:
- boxed lunch
- buffet dinner
- 2 drink tickets
- cart and greens fee
- return play voucher
- long drive/straightest drive/closest to the pin contest holes
- $10,000 hole in one contest (Par 3)
- $5,000 consecutive putting contest
- $1,000 within 12″ of the pin (Par 3)
Deadline to Register: Thursday, April 26, 2019
Contact Dan Labriola for more information. 703-993-4681