Reopening Mason Recreation
Every day we are getting closer to our normal operations! In accordance with the State and University, Mason Recreation will be reducing our Covid-19 restrictions as follows:
We're hiring for Fall '21! Join our team, click here to apply.
- Masks are not required if: You are fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Masks are strongly encouraged. If you have not received the COVID-19 vaccine, please continue to wear a mask in our facilities.
- Mason Covid Health✔️™ required. Proof of a completed Mason Health✔️™ is needed to enter.
EFFECTIVE JUNE 14TH:
- Reservations will no longer be required for: Utilizing our facility fitness areas. Join us for a work out anytime you like!
- Reservations will continue to be required for: Open swimming | Group fitness classes | Squash/ Racquetball court use
- Open Rec is back - Drop in, have fun & get active! Stop by to play basketball, badminton, volleyball, and more - whenever you like. Our outdoor basketball courts & RAC field are open and ready when you are.
- Spotting will be allowed on the fitness floor.
- Non-vaccinated users should maintain mask use and social distancing.
Visit Mason's Safe Return to Campus webpage for information about vaccine clinics and availability, COVID-19 news/ updates, and plans for Fall 2021 return to campus.
If you have any questions please email us at MasonRec@gmu.edu, we will continue to post changes and updates as they arise.
Updated Policies to be aware of:
- Accepted payment methods: VISA and Mastercard. (No cash or checks accepted.)
- Minor membership: Mason Recreation has made the decision to end sales of all Minor Memberships. Minors will be able participate in other programs and services that will empower their well-being, such as such as our Summer Camp, Swim Lessons, and more.
Continued Safety Precautions:
Unvaccinated individuals should continue to observe the following precautions:
- Wear a mask at all times while on campus and within Mason Recreation spaces.
- Maintain social/physical distancing from others.
We encourage all patrons to continue the following practices to minimize the spread of viral infections.
- Disinfect equipment before and after use. Disinfectant spray and towels will remain available in our facilities.
- Personal cleanliness: was your hands often or use hand sanitizer if available; Avoid touching your face, and minimize touching high contact public surfaces.
Remember, #PatriotsProtectPatriots! It is up to us all to reduce the risk of transmission of infectious diseases such as COVID-19. Together, we can stay vigilant to keep our campus, and recreation facilities, as safe as possible for us all.