Reopening Mason Recreation
In accordance with the State and University, Mason Recreation will be adhering to the following university Covid-19 safety restrictions:
Mason Mask Policy: As of 8/11/21
The University President has revised the campus mask policy. Mason will require all individuals on our campus to wear masks indoors regardless of vaccination status. You can view the University's updated mask policy here. If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
Policies in Effect:
- All individuals on campus are required to wear masks indoors regardless of vaccination status.
- Mason Covid Health✔️™ required. Proof of a completed Mason Health✔️™ is needed to enter.
- Reservations are no longer required for: Utilizing our facility fitness areas. Join us for a work out anytime you like!
- Reservations will continue to be required for: Group fitness classes | Squash/ Racquetball court use
- Open Rec is back - Drop in, have fun & get active! Stop by to play basketball, badminton, volleyball, and more - whenever you like. Our outdoor basketball courts & RAC field are open and ready when you are.
- Spotting will be allowed on the fitness floor.
- Non-vaccinated users should maintain mask use and social distancing.
Visit Mason's Safe Return to Campus webpage for information about vaccine clinics and availability, COVID-19 news/ updates, and plans for Fall 2021 return to campus.
If you have any questions please email us at MasonRec@gmu.edu, we will continue to post changes and updates as they arise.
Updated Policies to be aware of:
- Accepted payment methods: VISA and Mastercard. (No cash or checks accepted.)
- Minor membership: Mason Recreation has made the decision to end sales of all Minor Memberships. Minors will be able participate in other programs and services that will empower their well-being, such as such as our Summer Camp, Swim Lessons, and more.
Continued Safety Precautions:
Unvaccinated individuals should continue to observe the following precautions:
- Wear a mask at all times while on campus and within Mason Recreation spaces.
- Maintain social/physical distancing from others.
We encourage all patrons to continue the following practices to minimize the spread of viral infections.
- Disinfect equipment before and after use: Disinfectant spray and towels will remain available in our facilities.
- Personal cleanliness: Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer if available; Avoid touching your face, and minimize touching high contact public surfaces.
Remember, #PatriotsProtectPatriots! It is up to us all to reduce the risk of transmission of infectious diseases such as COVID-19. Together, we can stay vigilant to keep our campus, and recreation facilities, as safe as possible for us all.