Safe Return to Recreation
Please reference this webpage for Recreation updates regarding communication of our Return to Campus Action Plan and more. It will be updated every Friday by 2pm.
UPDATE: Squash, Table Tennis & Badminton courts are now open in a modified capacity. Reservations are required, click here for more information.
To enter our facilities at this time you will need to create a reservation. This will help us track our capacity numbers and maintain physical distancing. Reservation steps may differ depending on your classification, following directions below for your membership type.
Member *No Show* Policies: After 2 warnings you will be suspended from our facilities. Read our *No Show* Policy here.
The Mason Health screening must be taken with a passing result before members may enter the facility. Anyone who does not successfully pass the daily screening will not be permitted into the facility.
(First-time non-Mason users should select "create new account")
Our Facilities will be open for 1 hour increments and then closed for 30 minutes for staff cleaning. Lane swimming and court use is now available. Members will need to make a reservation to use our facilities, details on this process are listed below.
Click here to see our full schedule of hours per building.
Court reservations now open
Good news Patriots and Recreation Members, we are now accepting reservations in our courts for basketball and pickleball. Please read over our re-opening procedures for these spaces here.
- Members may not arrive more than 15 minutes before their reservation time.
- Masks are required at all times in the facility, including while exercising. Masks with vents, bandannas and neck gaiters are not allowed. See our mask policy section on this page for more.
- All sales will be cashless.
- No towels for rent.
- Cleaning: All members will receive a spray bottle and towel on entry for machine/equipment cleaning while in facility. These should be returned before leaving.
- Come dressed and ready. There will be no locker rooms available for changing.
- Exception: Lap swimmers may exit the pool 10 minutes before the end of their reservation block to change out of swimwear before leaving the facility.
- Restrooms will be open and available.
- Small bags will be allowed but must stay with you. Lockers and cubbies will be closed.
- University screening process will be mandatory for entry. (The scope of this will be determined by the university and we will follow in accordance.)
- Limited amenities, services, and hours.
- No minors permitted access until further notice.
- Fitness - No spotting or circuit training (i.e. going back and forth between equipment).
Returning to Rec!
Our mask policy is consistent with guidance from the University and the CDC. The only masks that will be allowed in our facilities are cloth masks and surgical masks.
The following masks are not allowed in our facilities:
- Masks with external filters/ valves
- Neck Gaiters
Now more than ever it is essential for us to practice self care and keep ourselves healthy, so that we can care for our neighbors and our nation as a whole. Practice general self care in and make sure to find ways to empower your well-being during this time! To support you all in this difficult time, we are offering various free online Recreation resources for our members, guests, and Mason community to engage in so that we can all stay healthy, active and engaged.
|In Your Daily Life:
||General Self Care: