Safe Return to Recreation
Please reference this webpage for Recreation updates regarding communication of our Return to Campus Action Plan and more. It will be updated every Friday by 2pm.
UPDATE: Squash, Table Tennis & Badminton courts are now open in a modified capacity. Reservations are required, click here for more information.
To enter our facilities at this time you will need to create a reservation. This will help us track our capacity numbers and maintain physical distancing. Reservation steps may differ depending on your classification, following directions below for your membership type.
Member *No Show* Policies: After 2 warnings you will be suspended from our facilities. Read our *No Show* Policy here.
The Mason Health screening must be taken with a passing result before members may enter the facility. Anyone who does not successfully pass the daily screening will not be permitted into the facility.
(First-time non-Mason users should select "create new account")
Our Facilities will be open for 1 hour increments and then closed for 30 minutes for staff cleaning. Lane swimming and court use is now available. Members will need to make a reservation to use our facilities, details on this process are listed below.
Click here to see our full schedule of hours per building.
Our mask policy is consistent with guidance from the University and the CDC. The only masks that will be allowed in our facilities are cloth masks and surgical masks.
The following masks are not allowed in our facilities:
- Masks with external filters/ valves
- Neck Gaiters
- Members may not arrive more than 15 minutes before their reservation time.
- Masks are required at all times in the facility, including while exercising. Masks with vents, bandannas and neck gaiters are not allowed. See our mask policy section on this page for more.
- All sales will be cashless.
- No towels for rent.
- Cleaning: All members will receive a spray bottle and towel on entry for machine/equipment cleaning while in facility. These should be returned before leaving.
- Come dressed and ready. There will be no locker rooms available for changing.
- Restrooms will be open and available.
- Small bags will be allowed but must stay with you. Lockers and cubbies will be closed.
- University screening process will be mandatory for entry. (The scope of this will be determined by the university and we will follow in accordance.)
- Limited amenities, services, and hours.
- No day passes until further notice.
- No minors permitted access until further notice.
- Fitness - No spotting or circuit training (i.e. going back and forth between equipment).
Returning to Rec!
- Extended Members: We have collaborated with Parking Services to extend non-Mason members' permit eligibility through extended membership end dates. Upon your next visit to our facilities, you can request a hang tag that will be valid through the end of your current membership.
- New Members and Renewals: Parking passes for new memberships will be sold directly through the Office of Parking and Transportation utilizing their online portal. Non-Mason members will receive login credentials for this portal prior 2-3 business days after their membership purchase and be able to purchase a printable parking pass. The printable parking pass will cover the rest of their current membership term. Click here for instructions on how to use their online portal.
Memberships will be automatically extended based on your expiration date and the number of days the facilities were closed. Mason Recreation will also be adding complimentary time on top of the base extension as a service to our members. If this option does not work for you, you can request a prorated refund by filling our refund request form.
Click here to read more about changes to Day Passes, Minor Memberships, Annual and monthly memberships, Faculty and staff payroll deductions.
Now more than ever it is essential for us to practice self care and keep ourselves healthy, so that we can care for our neighbors and our nation as a whole. Practice general self care in and make sure to find ways to empower your well-being during this time! To support you all in this difficult time, we are offering various free online Recreation resources for our members, guests, and Mason community to engage in so that we can all stay healthy, active and engaged.
|In Your Daily Life:
||General Self Care: