Register today for the Virtual Mason Nation 5k!
Posted: September 15, 2020 at 5:10 pm, Last Updated: September 17, 2020 at 4:20 pm
Join your fellow Patriots in the first Mason Nation Thriving Together Virtual 5K from Thursday, October 15 – Sunday, October 18. Get active and celebrate Exercise is Medicine Month while supporting Mason students.
Click here to donate directly to Support our Students!
Registration is Free!
Registration is FREE, and you have the option to purchase an exclusive #MasonNation5K commemorative T-shirt! Register Now
The first 20 individuals to register will receive a prize, and that”s not all! All participants who complete the 5K between October 15-18 will be entered to win a series of prizes including:
Individual & Team categories
– Each winner in these two award categories will receive a medal and Mason spirit item!
Most Mason Spirited Runner– Show us your Mason spirit while running! Take a picture of your spiriting outfit, race number before, during or after your run and post it on social media.
Most Distant Runner
– This award goes to the individual who is farthest from the Mason Fairfax campus. Post a picture of your run route and location on social media.
Run with a Family Member or Pet
This award goes to the most unique running participants that are in your household, including pets, children, and significant others. Post a picture on our social media for judging.
For the social media contests above, make sure your caption includes the award category you’re entering, as well as the hashtag #MasonNation5K.
How We’re Staying Safe
We’re still in a pandemic and safety is our top priority. These guidelines will help you to stay safe during the event. Learn more at Mason5k.gmu.edu/runwalkroutes/
- Participants will be required to register for the 5K in order to participate in the event.
- Participants are required to sign off on the Assumption of Risk portion of the 5k Registration Form.
- On the day they intend to run/walk as a 5k registrant, George Mason University participants are required to submit the Mason COVID Health Check.
- All participants are required to maintain a 10-foot personal distance from all other people at all times, the required distance for outdoor activities and exercise.
- All participants will wear face coverings during any period they are unable to maintain the 10-foot distance from others.
- Running in a group or with a partner is discouraged. Under any circumstances maintain 10 feet of personal distance.