Mason Recreation inspires an inclusive atmosphere that fosters lifelong well-being for the University’s diverse students and community through active experiences, education, and engagement.
We the Patriots unite in an active journey toward well-being.
Patriots learn big, play hard, live well.
Click on the Values below and see how we are guided by each.
Mason Recreation | We Commit to a Culture of Inclusion and Trust
We are proud to be a part of the Mason Nation, the most diverse university in Virginia and among the top 25 most diverse in the United States. Mason Recreation forms a critical nexus of activity and fellowship for our university and surrounding communities. Recreation is and always will be a force that is intrinsically inclusive to all members of our community. To run, to play, to explore: there is not a group of people anywhere that do not have these passions deeply ingrained in them. We will always provide spaces and opportunities where everyone feels empowered and welcome in their pursuit of fitness, fun, and well-being. We commit to the following:
- We believe Black Lives Matter.
- We stand in solidarity with our Black, Indigenous, and People of Color community members.
- We will not tolerate injustice, discrimination, or racism.
- We will listen, learn, lead, grow, change, and be accepting of our differences.
- We will promote mental and physical well-being especially for groups that are underserved or marginalized.
- We encourage open conversations about the role that Mason Recreation plays in the campus community.