A Letter to Members | #4
Posted: July 27, 2020 at 1:39 pm, Last Updated: July 27, 2020 at 4:21 pm
Mason Recreation members and university community,
Everyday we are getting closer to our anticipated reopen date and we cannot wait to welcome you back to our facilities! To help prepare for your return, we would like to share a few changes you will see to allow for a smooth transition.
ANTICIPATED OPENING DATE
We are aiming to reopen our recreation facilities on August 10th with limited hours of operation and amenities. Please bear in mind that these dates are subject to change. For the most up-to-date information, please visit our Safe Return to Recreation webpage at recreation.gmu.edu/returnplan.
- The week of August 10 – 16 we will only be open to current members.
- New members can purchase a membership starting Monday, August 17.
FACILITY HOURS OF OPERATION – AUGUST 10 – 23
Please Note: Facilities will be open for 1 hour increments, with 30 minutes in-between for cleaning.
Aquatic and Fitness Center (AFC)
Open Monday – Friday, closed on weekends. All pools are currently closed.
- 7:00am – 8:00am, 8:30am – 9:30am, 10:00am – 11:00am, 11:30am – 12:30pm, 1:00pm – 2:00pm
Recreation Athletic Complex (RAC)
Open Monday – Friday, closed on weekends.
- 3:00pm – 4:00pm, 4:30pm – 5:30pm, 6:00pm – 7:00pm, 7:30pm – 8:30pm
Skyline Fitness Center: CLOSED
Outdoor Fields, Tennis, and Basketball Courts: CLOSED
MAKING A RESERVATION FOR FACILITY USE
To ensure that our facility is operating within our state mandated capacity standards, as well as to maintain physical distancing and CDC guidelines, we will be utilizing a reservation system when we reopen.
Mason Faculty, Staff & Students – These members will be able to use their Mason NetID and password to reserve a time to work out. More details regarding the use of this system will be in our upcoming communications.
Alumni, Community & Non-Mason Affiliated Members – These members will be able to request a reservation account by completing a Reservation Account Request Form online here. More details regarding the use of this system will be in our upcoming communications.
The University Screening Process – Creating a safe environment requires everyone’s help. Everyone can do their part by staying engaged, being aware of new requirements for safety and looking out for their fellow Patriots. A screening process will be in place before entering the facility. Anyone who does not successfully pass the daily screening will not be permitted into the facility.
For the complete Mason Safe Return To Campus Plan, click here.
CHANGES TO BE AWARE OF:
- Members may not arrive more than 15 minutes before their reservation time.
- Masks are required at all times in facility, including while exercising.
- All sales will be cashless.
- No towels for rent.
- Cleaning: All members will receive a spray bottle and towel on entry for machine/equipment cleaning while in facility. These should be returned before leaving.
- Come dressed and ready. There will be no locker rooms available for changing.
- Restrooms will be open and available.
- Small bags will be allowed but must stay with you. Lockers and cubbies will be closed.
- University screening process will be mandatory for entry. (The scope of this will be determined by the university and we will follow in accordance.)
- Limited amenities, services, and hours
All sales will be cashless.
Annual and monthly paid memberships will be automatically extended based on your expiration date and the number of days the facilities were closed. Mason Recreation will also be adding complimentary time on top of the base extension as a service to our members. If this option does not work for you, you can request a prorated refund by completing our refund request form.
Faculty and staff payroll deduction will restart automatically on Oct. 1(Semi Monthly), and Oct. 2 (Bi-Weekly), but those with active payroll deduction will have access to facility reservations as soon as the facilities open. If payroll deduction members wish to disenroll, please complete a Payroll Deduction disenroll form before August 10, 2020.
Day Passes and Minor Memberships will be temporarily discontinued as we work to welcome members back to our facilities. We plan to reevaluate this in the future, but at this time we must focus on providing the safest and most welcoming environment possible for all of our students and members.