Personal Training Prep Course: Register Now – May 25
Posted: May 10, 2022 at 11:07 am, Last Updated: May 10, 2022 at 11:16 am
Join us for our first VIRTUAL Personal Training Prep Course!
This American Council on Exercise (ACE) Personal Trainer Preparation Course prepares individuals to complete the ACE Personal Trainer Certification Exam. On completion of the course, you will feel better equipped to motivate, empower, challenge, and retain clients for the long term. Exam fees and study materials are reduced for those who participate in the preparation course.
This course will be taught by Assistant Director of Fitness Becky Demus (Certified Personal Trainer and Group Fitness Instructor) and Coordinator of Fitness, Emmanuel Agyemang (Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist.)
This course does not include the exam for certification. Participation in the course allows for a discounted rate of $249 for the ACE Exam registration fee. Registration for the exam is completed through ACE.
How do I register?
- Register online here through May 25
- You will be contacted by email with the course materials website to purchase your study materials through ACE.
Class will be hosted virtually on Fridays from 10am-12pm, May 27 to July 29. We will offer optional in-person workshops as well.
|Participant Status||Price||Payment Location|
Following the receipt of payment, individuals registered for the course will receive information on how to receive the discounted rate for the ACE course materials.
ACE Study Program: $104.00
(ACE PT Manual, Exercise Science text)
- ACE Personal Trainer Manual, fifth edition
- ACE Essentials of Exercise Science for Fitness Professionals
- Human anatomy, exercise physiology, applied kinesiology, and nutrition
- Principles of adherence, motivation, behavior change, and health psychology
- Communication and teaching techniques
- ACE integrated fitness training model
- Building rapport
- Health and exercise history information assessment
- Functional training: Assessments, programming, and progressions for posture, movement, core, balance, and flexibility
- Physiological assessments
- Resistance training: Programming and progressions
- Cardiorespiratory training: Programming and progressions
- Professional and legal responsibilities, scope of practice, and business strategies for personal trainers
*For more information, please contact Becky Demus at firstname.lastname@example.org.