Nomination & Criteria
The purpose of the Mason Recreation Hall of Fame is to recognize those individuals and groups who have made outstanding contributions to Mason Recreation through participation, support, or lifetime achievements. These individuals and groups have helped bring recognition, honor, distinction, and excellence to George Mason University and Mason Recreation.
Read about our 2022 Induction ceremony at our event recap link!
Hall of Fame Nominations
Submit your nomination for the Mason Recreation Hall of Fame today! The nomination form will be open until September 30.
- Nomination Form: Follow this link.
Voting Time period
- Voting for the Class of 2023 Mason Recreation Hall of Fame will be open October 10 - 31.
- HOF inductees will be notified prior to Thanksgiving
We accept nominations for both individuals and groups/teams to be inducted into the Mason Recreation Hall of Fame. Please read more about the criteria for both Hall of Fame induction categories below.
1. The individual must be affiliated with Mason Recreation in one of the following capacities:
· Alumni/former student
· Current or former faculty or staff
· Friend or Donor
· Member of a special events committee, task force or other group that supported the department
2. The individual had a significant impact on Mason Recreation through one or more of the following:
· Service to the organization as a full-time staff or part-time/student staff
· Participant (i.e. IM team captain, Sport Club Leader)
· Support of Mason Recreation initiatives (i.e. Financial contributions, designing facilities, construction of facilities, etc.)
· Student/part-time employee leader
· Other significant impacts as determined by the HOF committee or Mason Recreation staff
1. The group participated in at least one of the Mason Recreation Program areas (i.e. Intramural Sports, Sport Clubs)
2. The group made significant contributions to Mason Recreation or achieved a high level of success while participating (i.e. multiple IM championships in one sport, IM championships in multiple sports, sport club national championships or other significant achievements)
3. The group strongly advocated for a Mason Recreation initiative and/or project
4. Other significant impacts as determined by the HOF committee or Mason Recreation staff