“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”
Posted: January 7, 2013 at 10:46 am, Last Updated: February 26, 2013 at 4:16 pm
Einstein couldn’t have said it better. We’re moving into the winter months and the best thing you can do is just keep moving. Don’t be discouraged by your past weight struggles or your lack of motivation to go to the gym in the cold weather.
Just hop on a bike and keep moving. Literally.
That’s right, I’m talking about spinning.
It’s a fast workout that will help get you in the best shape. The Aquatic and Fitness Center offer it 6 days a week so there’s no excuse not to come!
Spinning has a ton of benefits that can help you, no matter what stage you are in on your fitness journey!
- If you can’t do high impact workouts, spinning is perfect for you because it doesn’t put any pressure on your knees.
- You can work at your own pace, meaning that you can adjust your own resistance level as you go. You don’t have to worry about keeping up with everyone else.
- You can burn a lot of calories. It’s possible to burn an average of 500 calories in a 45 minute spin class
- You can also build muscle in your core, butt and thighs in one sitting! It’s a full body workout without having to memorize any intense moves to work specific body parts.
- When you do attend a spinning class make sure you come prepared with a bottle full of water, maybe even two and a towel. You will sweat… a lot.
But remember sweat is just fat crying anyways.