Posted: February 13, 2013 at 12:54 pm, Last Updated: February 20, 2013 at 3:33 pm
February is the month of love. Many people may have felt the stress of finding a Valentine for Valentine’s Day, but before you can focus on being with someone else for a day or maybe even longer, you need to learn to love yourself first.
Love your body. Love yourself. You may think that sounds lame, but it’s important. Unlike relationships your body is with you for the rest of your life. So treat it with the respect it deserves.
Here are 5 ways to love your body this month and every month after.
1. Get enough sleep. For those of you who are awake for over 12 hours every day, working out and sleeping for only 4 or 5 hours, that is not enough. You’re body is eventually going to break down and get sick or injured. According to Laura Blue of Time magazine, 6.5 to 7.5 hours a day is ideal for your body to feel rested.
2. Have a good attitude. It’s the little things, like not thinking negative things about your body or comparing it to celebrities. You have to remain positive because your body and mind need that to remain motivated towards change.
3. Put yourself first. Most people do so much for others that they don’t have enough time to do what they want. If you want to exercise make time for it or even if you want to read a book schedule that it in. Turn off your cell phone or put it on silent (because I know some of you are attached) and just enjoy time alone, trust me, you need it.
4. Challenge yourself. You don’t have to do anything drastic like sign up for your first marathon but setting simple goals like stay at the gym for 45 minutes today instead of 30 minutes can benefit you overall. It’s up to you to challenge yourself, your body will thank you later!
5. Eat green. Now not everybody loves fruit and vegetables but they’re really good for your body. They provide a good source of fiber, phytonutrients as well as vitamins and minerals.
If you have other ways you love your body on a daily basis feel free to share!