CPR, First Aid, AED Instructor
First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor Course Description
The purpose of the instructor course is to train instructor candidates to teach American Red Cross CPR, AED, and First Aid courses and/or modules to meet the standards and objectives of American Red Cross training.
Register online at connect.recreation.gmu.edu/. Minors must be registered by an adult. Adults should login to or create their own account and then register the minor using the “add a family member” option on the registration page.
Prerequisites for Instructor Candidates
To be eligible for the instructor course, instructor candidates must:
- Be at least 17 years old on or before the last day of the instructor course.
- Possess one of the following:
- American Red Cross First Aid certificate and Adult and/or Pediatric CPR/AED certification
- American Red Cross First Aid certificate and CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers certificate
- An equivalent certification from another organization.
- Successfully complete the Online Session for the First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor course, which consists of the following:
- Orientation to the American Red Cross
- Orientation to the First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor Course
- Obtain the First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor’s Manual (provided) and First Aid/CPR/AED Manual (not provided).
Course Dates and Times:
Dates are not available at this time.
Please review the refund policy on the registration form. Also, be aware of the nature of the online component, once the online component is registered with the American Red Cross no refunds will be granted except for medical withdrawal or military deployment/relocation (documentation required).