Now Hiring: Challenge Course Facilitator
Posted: July 23, 2013 at 9:18 am, Last Updated: November 13, 2013 at 11:59 am
The George Mason University, Mason Recreation, Center for Team and Organizational Learning (The EDGE), located at the Freedom Center on the Prince William campus, is seeking applicants for the position of Challenge Course Facilitator.
The EDGE is an incredible opportunity to work with others in an exciting and stimulating environment. Applicants will join an expert team of facilitators on The EDGE challenge course, challenging themselves and the groups they work with. Our season runs from August 13 to Thanksgiving 2013, with the option to extend to Spring, Summer and Fall 2014.
– Educator: Effectively facilitate and process with group to inspire learning
– Group Management: Properly set up and explain challenges to group
– Maintain control of the group: Create an environment to encourage group to reflect upon challenges, ensure physical and emotional well-being of participants, be aware of risks associated with challenge courses, fit and check equipment to guarantee proper use, ready to respond in an emergency situation, and be aware of and adjust to group or individual needs.
– Course Setup, Maintenance, and Inspection:
Inspect and set up high and low elements for daily use, occasionally assist with maintaining elements, equipment, and trails. and adhere to and assist with the EDGEinspection practices.
– Ability to attend all training sessions
– Ability to work a minimum of three days per week (Monday-Sunday) between the hours of 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
– Current First Aid/ CPR/ AED certifications or ability to be certified by start date
– Experience facilitating experiential education programs including ropes/ challenge courses, team-building, ground initiatives and games
– Adults pursuing a college degree, or graduates in youth or education-related fields including recreation, education, psychology, and social welfare.
For more information on The EDGE, please visit our Web site at: www.edgeatmason.com