We Make Time For What We Want

Posted: March 30, 2017 at 4:06 pm

Around this time of the year, it may seem like you have no free time. Your assignments are piling up and you have various tests to study for. Your busy schedule is hectic, and any free time you have is used on resting by lying in your bed watching an episode or two of your current favorite show (maybe I am speaking from experience here). However, your fitness regimen has completely fallen off track and you have not been going to the gym as much as you should.

Sometimes life gets overloaded and some things get cut out of your schedule. That’s normal. I know from experience that school can be exhausting, mentally and physically. Often times, working out is the last thing I want to do. After writing papers, studying for exams, going to work, and trying to meet my professors for their office hours, the last thing I want to do is go to the gym. Instead, I spend this time in my dorm, catching up on social media and celebrity news. However, I could be spending this time doing physical activity.

This does not mean on your most exhausting days taking a boot camp class at the AFC will help you. It definitely will not. However, University of Georgia researchers found that inactive individuals who complained of being tired and fatigued could decrease their fatigue by as much as 65% and actually increase their energy by 20% if they get active. So instead of grabbing the latest sports energy drinks, or filling up on insane amounts of caffeine, try taking a trip to the gym.

As the busiest time of the year rolls around, fitting a workout into your already busy schedule may be hard, but it is possible! The fact of the matter is, we make time for what we want, and if you really want to go to the gym, you will be there. So map out your schedule, organize your time, and see where you can fit workouts in your schedule. It may make you feel more refreshed than you think.

By: Destany Martin