Now Open: Basketball & Pickleball
Posted: March 15, 2021 at 11:58 am, Last Updated: March 19, 2021 at 9:57 am
Good news Patriots and Recreation Members, we are now accepting reservations in our courts for basketball and pickleball. Please read over our re-opening procedures for these spaces below, we can’t wait to welcome you back!
Basketball Opening Procedures
- Basketball shoot around will be available during every reservation block in which there is court space available
- There is a limit of two players per hoop.
- At this time we are only allowing shoot around play, no pickup or one-on-one games allowed.
- Games like horse are allowed, as long as each player has their own ball
- Sharing of equipment is prohibited.
- Open Shoot around Days will be offered on:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- You will need reservation access before they can make a booking online
- If you come in person and do not have reservation access, you will have to sign a paper facility use agreement and then will be given facility reservation access for that day
- Reservation’s can be made a maximum of 3 days in advance.
- Each patron may reserve 1 session per patron.
- Visitors may purchase a day pass in order to utilize the courts and will be given reservation access for that day
- Basketballs are available for check out at our the front desk.
- All equipment must be returned to the equipment return-cart at the front of our facility at least 10 minutes before the end of each session.
Pickleball Opening Procedures
- Pickleball will be available when our facility is open and the Linn Gym is available
- Patrons may make one reservation each day.
- Free Play Pickleball will be offered on:
- Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday
You will be able to reserve a time via our court booking system at: https://connect.recreation.gmu.edu
- Patrons will need reservation access before making a booking online
- If a patrons arrives and does not have reservation access, a paper facility use agreement will need to be signed and completed. This will allow for facility reservation access for that day
- You will only be able make a reservation 3 days in advance and will only be allowed to book 1 session a day
You must have a valid membership but will not have to make a facility reservation
- You may purchase a day pass to use the courts
You will be able to checkout paddles and balls from the front desk
- All equipment must be returned to the front desk 10 mins before end of session