Swim Meet Information
The Aquatic and Fitness Center (AFC) at George Mason University hosts many swim meets throughout the year. Please see the information below to assist with your visit!
- For information on timelines, please see your events meet announcement. Most meets will have a meet announcement on the following PVS website: Click Here
- Participant drop off/pick up loop is in Lot C. Please do not drop off or pick up in front of the Aquatic and Fitness Center or in the street.
- Lot C is also the main parking lot for rental meets hosted at George Mason University Aquatic and Fitness Center. If Lot C is full, overflow may park in Lot A.
- Athlete entrance or Swim Team Check-In is located on the side of the building across the bridge from Lot C.
- Parents/guardians will not be permitted entrance through swim team check-in or permitted in the lower level of the facility. Please ensure participants who need assistance changing into their suits are changed prior to entering the participant entrance.
- Parents/guardians/spectators may enter the facility at the front to access viewing of the meet. Spectator seating is available the entire length of the 50 meter pool. There should be no sitting or standing in the aisles/stairs. Standing behind the seating is prohibited.
- Please designate a meeting place with your participant. Parents/guardians will not be permitted on the lower level to pick up their child(ren). The most common meeting places are in the AFC lobby or at the swim team check-in doors.
- Folding chairs are not permitted at the Aquatic and Fitness Center. This includes stadium seats in spectator seating.
- No food is permitted on the pool deck. Participants are welcome to go upstairs to the lobby and concession area to eat.
- For participants to gain access to the upstairs they must be wearing shoes and a cover-up/towel over their swim suit. For our larger meets that issue credentials, participants must also bring their credential to be allowed to return downstairs.