Outdoor Adventures is looking for outgoing and skilled individuals to work as trip leaders. We are hiring for all levels of trip leader from Assistant Trip Leaders up to Senior Trip Leaders. Do you want to learn to lead outdoor trips? Would you like to get paid to go backpacking or paddling? Click here to apply online
OUTDOOR ADVENTURES IS HIRING!
Come work with us at OA!
ASSISTANT TRIP LEADER
Assistant Trip Leaders are responsible for safely leading outdoor programs for members of the Mason community. Trips may include: hiking, backpacking, rock climbing, paddling, cycling, and other areas. Assistant Trip Leaders work closely with the Outdoor Adventures professional staff and other trip leaders on program planning, development, and leading. This entry-level position provides a great opportunity to develop practical leadership skills and to develop your outdoor experience.
Include, but are not limited to:
- Scouting trips, and planning logistics and transportation needs for each trip;
- Safely leading groups of students in wilderness settings, sometimes in adverse weather conditions;
- Becoming trained in wilderness emergency medicine;
- Providing emotional and medical attention to participants during emergencies;
- Assisting with gear rental, equipment check out/in, repair and cleaning;
- Teaching skills workshops and clinics.
- Must be available to work nights and weekends
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Interest in outdoor recreation;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Willingness to learn and grow;
- Solid organizational skills;
- Ability to think clearly in a stressful environment;
- Ability to work extended hours on your feet, often with a heavy backpack of up to 60 pounds