Time Status Exceptions
There are some situations when a student’s time status may officially be Part-Time (HT or LT) but Mason Recreation will waive the Part-Time student fee. These situations and any additional actions needed by the student are listed below:
1) The student is at the end of their degree program and needs less than a full-time course load to complete their degree. Students in this situation should speak with their adviser or program coordinator to have them send confirmation of graduation following completion of the current semester to our Membership & Web Coordinator. This is a one-time membership override registration and cannot be renewed or re-registered.
2) The student has a program or departmental restriction on course load. Some departments place limits on the number of credits that a student can enroll in because of the work load of extracurricular on non-credit requirements (example: student teaching). If a student is on departmental or program restriction, that student should speak with their adviser or program coordinator to have them send confirmation to our Membership & Web Coordinator.
3) The student selectively withdraws from coursework. Students who had a full-time course load after the last day to drop classes and then utilized the selective withdrawal option (received no tuition reimbursement) may have the part-time student fee waived. Students who may be in this situation should contact our Membership & Web Coordinator. NOTE: This is the only case in which Mason Recreation will permit a person with no active time-status to pay a Part-Time student fee.
4) Senior citizens auditing coursework. Senior citizens who are auditing coursework as non-degree students and are not paying tuition fees may have the Part-Time student fee waived. Students in this situation should contact Mason Recreation Membership Services at the beginning of each term that they are enrolled.
5) Graduate students taking undergraduate courses. Graduate students who have less than 9 graduate course credits but 9 or more total credits (e.g. 6 graduate credits and 3 undergraduate credits) will have an official time status of HT. However, Mason Recreation will waive the Part-Time fee in these cases. Students in this situation should contact Mason Recreation Membership Services.