The facility schedule for RAC field coincides with the RAC. During a normal operational school week*, these times are as follows:
- Monday – Thursday: 6:00 am – 12:00 am
- Friday: 6:00 am – 10 pm
- Saturday: 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Sunday: 9:00 am – 12:00 am
*These opening/closing times are subject to change in cases of inclement weather and/or university closings/breaks.
The RAC Field is located adjacent to the Recreation & Athletic Complex, just off of Patriot Circle. The field was converted from a natural grass surface to an artificial turf surface in 2006. The field features soccer, football, men’s and women’s lacrosse lines. The complex provides bleacher seating for approximately 8oo spectators and programmable lights for evening play.
The RAC Field is home to many of our club sports teams, as well as various intramural leagues and special events.
Registered Student Organizations or external organizations wanting to reserve the field should go to the facility request page for information.
Students and faculty/staff are welcome to use the facility for open recreation play outside of scheduled activity on a first come, first serve basis. A valid George Mason I.D. is required at all times. Please be sure to check the online schedule before inquiring for free play.
All facility users are expected to follow the posted facility policies as follows:
- Fields are open to GMU students, faculty/staff, and rental groups with a GMU ID or field contract.
- Priority is given to those with prior approved reservations; all others are on a first come basis.
- Food and drinks are not permitted except for water in re-sealable plastic containers.
- Sunflower seeds, gum, and glass bottles are not permitted.
- Alcohol and tobacco products are not permitted.
- Metal spikes are not permitted. Molded cleats or turf/tennis shoes only.
- No pets are allowed on the field or in the spectator seating area.
- Motorized vehicles and bicycles are not permitted.
- Batting, kicking, or throwing of balls into the fence is not permitted.
- Foul language, inappropriate behavior, and abuse of the facility will not be tolerated.
- Do not adjust, move, or hang on goals. If adjustments are needed, please see a Mason Recreation Staff Member.
- Mason Recreation is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items.
- If you need assistance or need to report an incident, injury, or unsafe conditions please call the RAC at (703) 993-5323.
Field Reservations: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org