All RSO requests must be submitted with a minimal of at least 14 business days. Please allow 48 hours for us to contact you after your submission has been made.
The RAC Field is located adjacent to the Recreation & Athletic Complex, just off of Patriot Circle. The field was converted from a natural grass surface to an artificial turf surface in 2006. The field features soccer, football, men’s and women’s lacrosse lines. The complex provides bleacher seating for approximately 8oo spectators and programmable lights for evening play.
The RAC Field is home to many of our club sports teams, as well as various intramural leagues and special events.
Students and faculty/staff are welcome to use the field during the hours of operation for free play when there are not scheduled reservations. A valid George Mason I.D. is required at all times. Please be sure to check the online schedule above before inquiring for free play.
All facility users are expected to follow the posted facility policies as follows:
- Fields are open to Mason Students, faculty/staff and rental groups with a valid Mason ID or field contract.
- Priority is given to those with prior approved reservation; all other is on a first come basis.
- Alcohol and tobacco products (including vaping) are not permitted.
- No food or glass bottles allowed on the fields.
- Metal spikes are not permitted. Molded cleats or turf/tennis shoes only.
- No pets are allowed on the fields or in the spectator seating area.
- Motorized vehicles and bicycles are not permitted.
- Batting, kicking or throwing of balls in the fence is not permitted.
- Foul language, inappropriate behavior and abuse of the facility will not be tolerated.
- Mason Recreation is not responsible for damaged, lost or stolen items.
If you need assistance or need to report an incident, injury or unsafe conditions, please call the Outdoor Supervisor at (571) 335-664