*Please note: In response to COVID-19, Safety Courses will not be offered at this time. We will continue to update our participants as we prepare to re-open and offer our services again.*
George Mason University Aquatic and Fitness Center Safety Program is excited to offer American Red Cross Lifeguard Training, Lifeguard Training – Review, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and Health Care Provider, Lay Responder (Community) CPR/AED, First Aid, and Water Safety Instructor courses. Please visit the correlating page to view this semesters offerings.
|CPR/AED and First Aid Certifications||Lifeguard Training Certification||Lifeguard Instructor Certification|
|Lifeguard Review Certification||Water Safety Instructor Certification||Refund Policies|
Please note all Recreation Facilities are CLOSED until further notice and all classes are canceled through May 18th.
Mason Students and Faculty with Active ID’s
Register online* at https://connect.recreation.gmu.edu/
- Click “Log In” in the top right
- Click the teal button that says “Log In With GMU ID.”
- Enter your Mason netid and password
- Click on the icon that says “Safety Classes”.
- Click on the certification course you would like to register for.
- Find the class that you would like to register for, then click the “Register” button at the right.
- Read the GMU Safety Classes Participation Waiver.
- Click the “Accept Now” button at the bottom to sign the waiver.
- Read the prompt and click “Add to cart”
- Read the second prompt and then click “Add to cart”.
- Click “Checkout”
- All online payments must be made using a Visa or Mastercard. You will receive an e-mail confirmation of your purchase.
Members of the local community will require a login and password to complete online registration. *if you do not have a Mason issued netid.
- Please contact the staff via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request an account, and we’ll create an account for you.
- After you have received your netid (username) and temporary password, please follow the instructions listed above to submit your deposit. You will be asked to reset your password upon login.
* If you encounter difficulties accessing any of the resources available through this website, please contact email@example.com. For more information on Mason’s commitment to accessibility, please visit Accessibility@Mason.