Marketing Opportunities with Rec
What is the Mason Recreation Facility Posting Policy?
Any department, group, or organization wishing for to post flyers/ signs in our facilities will need approval from the Mason Recreation marketing team. This is to ensure our departmental branding is consistent, and to help us keep our facility walls and surfaces clean and unharmed. We’ve had issues with thumb tacks, duct tape/ tape residue, stickers, and more damaging our spaces in the past.
- Submit designs for review and approval to Jennifer De La Rosa, Associate Director of Marketing and Communications – Jdelaros@gmu.edu.
- If approved the Mason Recreation Marketing team will handle all posting and promotion of the request.
Read more about our marketing opportunities and let us know how we can assist now and in the future.
* Please note, all requests will be reviewed and while we may not be able to accommodate all requests, we will do our best to help you communicate your needs. We aim to keep all of our collaborative communication within the realm of Sports and Recreation.
Mason Recreation Communication Opportunities
Send us your graphics via email for review and approval. If approved, designs can be posted for a maximum of 14 days. The following sizes are best for our posting options, and must all be provided in a portrait orientation.
- Letter size PDF (8.5×11):
- Can be posted at front desks if approved.
- Tabloid size PDF (11×17)
- Can be posted at water fountains or bulletin boards if approved.
- These all need to be provided in portrait orientation.
- Monthly Newsletters:
- We create and share in a variety of ways. Send us your details at least 1 week before the 1st of the month; submission must include a graphic, blurb, link, and/or contact information.
- Social media:
- Tag us in posts/ stories, or make us collaborators on Instagram, and we can help amplify your messaging.
- Website announcements
- We can post on the homepage of our website if desired.
Campus marketing opportunities:
- Student centers: Post your flyer or reserve a kiosk to table in the student centers. Please note they have their own posting approval policies; you can find those details here.
- Post your opportunities (such as practice player needed dates) as an event on 360 and you are guaranteed plenty of students to assist.
- Note: Everything on 360 has to be an actual event, it cannot be an announcement. So, you can make a hiring event, or create an event for the dates you need practice players, but it cannot be an announcement.