InBody Scans- Personal Body Composition
When you step on a scale, you can’t see how much muscle or fat you have—all you see is a number with no context. Go beyond the scale with the InBody Test, a non-invasive, quick, and accurate body composition analysis that provides a detailed breakdown of your weight in terms of muscle, fat, and water. The machine is worth over $6k and is one of the most reliable methods of body composition testing, behind underwater weighing and DEXA scans, which are typically seen in lab settings.
Who can take an InBody test?
Students, Faculty, Staff, and Community members are welcome to take advantage of this resource!
- Students: $10 | Faculty/Staff: $15 | Community members: $20
- FREE with the purchase of a personal training package or fitness assessment
- FREE the first Friday of every month from 8am-12pm at the Aquatic and Fitness Center (AFC)!
What does the test entail?
The InBody uses BIA (Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis) technology, which measures “total body water” by reading the impedance (resistance) of low-level currents through the body. Therefore, temporary changes in the body can result in temporary changes in body composition results. It is important that you follow the instructions sent to you after you purchase the scan, because things like eating, exercise, or body temperature can impact your results.
Using the Machine:
- Before you step on the machine, you will use our cleaning wipes to clean the bottoms of your feet and the palms of your hands in order to best conduct the electrical signals.
- The personal trainer will begin the InBody analysis, which should take no more than 60 seconds!
- Then, you will have your results and we will provide you with a comprehensive, yet easy-to-understand, print out of your analysis measurements.
Get results you can trust so you can reach your health and fitness goals with precision and actionable objectives. Visit the InBody website to learn more. Below is a photo of the result sheet that you will get to take home with you!
How do I schedule my test?
Go to our online web portal here to purchase the test. Make sure you are logged in, since the test is online available to students and members. Once you purchase the test on our online web portal, you will receive instructions in your email confirmation regarding how to schedule the test with one of our Fitness staff members.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What will your results look like? Check out this sample reading below.