Green Access Classes
Group Fitness Descriptions
- Aqua Aerobics: Increase strength and muscle tone, build endurance, improve cardiovascular conditioning, and relieve stress in shallow water. All equipment provided for this 60-minute class.
- Boot Camp: A cross training class that mixes traditional body weight exercises with cardio interval and strength training. Each class is designed to push you to work your hardest no matter what your fitness level!
- Cycling: A group exercise class performed on stationary bikes while an instructor simulates hill climbing, sprints, and races. It is truly a fantastic cardiovascular workout. The instructor, the people around you and the music will keep you motivated. Please bring water and a towel!
- Flow MotionFITT: Join us for one of the hottest workouts in the pool! Flow MotionFITT, where strength, balance, cardio endurance and functional movement patterns meet on the mat to enhance your performance in the water. This 60 minute class will tone and strengthen your core like never before. We throw everything on the mats! Ripples, bumps and FUN! All levels are welcome. Comfort in deep water is REQUIRED.
- HardCORE: 25-minutes of core training that will increase core strength, improve posture, and tighten and tone your midsection.
- High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT): HIIT is a full-body workout that alternates bouts of cardio and strength with flashes of brief recovery to obliterate calories. You’ll burn fat, build muscle, and boost your metabolism!
- Pink Gloves Boxing: PGB is a small group training program that empowers women, fosters relationships, and is perfect for participants of all ages and fitness levels. It is structured similar to Martial Arts – where participants advance to a higher level each semester – learning new skills, earning new gear and more!
- POUND®: Channel your inner rockstar with this full body cardio-jam session inspired by the infectious, energizing, and sweat-dripping fun of playing the drums!
- Power Dance: A cardio-intensive class set to high-energy music. The hottest dance moves and our fitness equipment combine to teach you confidence, coordination and strength.
- SWEAT: SWEAT is an hour-long class full of aerobics, good music and…not to mention lots of sweat! SWEAT your way into fitness.
- Zumba®: Come prepared to dance and sweat yourself into shape with this Latin influenced workout!
Gold Access Classes
Mind & Body Descriptions
- Gentle Yoga: Designed to increase flexibility, strengthen the body, relieve stress and calm the mind. This slow moving Yoga class synchronizes movement with breath for the perfect mind and body connection. Great for beginners and anyone wanting to restore their internal balance.
- Hatha Yoga: Participants concentrate on Yoga poses, breathing practices, relaxation and meditation. The use of the breath is focused on to assist the flow into, through and out of poses. This class is designed to help with balance, stretching, strengthening and mind-body awareness.
- Pilates: Our Pilates classes are designed to stretch and strengthen the body, primarily the muscles of the core. Participants will burn fat, increase flexibility and improve posture. All levels welcome!
- Qigong: Composed of repetitive movements that will stretch the body, increase fluid movement and build body awareness. This class will help participants manage stress, improve energy, and increase strength.
- Restorative Yoga: Restorative Yoga is all about relaxation and stress relief. This practice utilizes props like blankets, blocks and bolsters to place the body in comfortable, supportive postures that help facilitate deep relaxation. Restorative Yoga is great for calming and “restoring” the body and mind.
- Yin Yoga: Yin Yoga is different from other styles of Yoga in that students hold few poses for extended periods of time. Long holds allow the body to release tension at a deep level by targeting joints, deep tissues, and organs, and it helps facilitate homeostasis in the body’s cells and energetic systems. Yin Yoga is a great compliment to other styles of yoga and helps to relieve sore muscles after strenuous activity.
- Yoga: Our Yoga classes promote stamina, strength, flexibility, balance, body awareness, and mental clarity by focusing on alignment and incorporating yogic breathing, mediation, and relaxation techniques. Each instructor brings their unique style to the class experience. All levels welcome!
- Yoga/Pilates Fusion: A mix of Yoga and Pilates to introduce the novice to the principles of Yoga and Pilates while continuing to challenge the more experienced participant. We even throw in props to keep things interesting. All levels welcome
Martial Arts & Self Defense Descriptions
- Aikido: The way of harmonizing with the spirit of the universe. Those who practice aikido move with – rather than against – the attacker by drawing on our internal energy, or “ki.” Learn to redirect an opponent’s energy and neutralize an attack without bringing harm to the attacker or yourself.
- Capoeira: A Brazilian martial art that combines elements of dance, acrobatics and music, and is sometimes referred to as a game. It was developed in Brazil mainly by African descendants with native Brazilian influences, possibly dating back to the 16th century. It is known for its quick and complex moves, using mainly power, speed, and leverage for a wide variety of kicks, spins, and highly mobile techniques. At heart is the ginga, the back-and-forth, foot-to-foot movement that serves as the starting point for such leverage.
- Krav Maga: Learn reality-based self-defense using Krav Maga techniques. Krav Maga is a fighting system known for its extreme efficiency and simplicity with techniques sourced from boxing, wrestling, aikido, judo and karate. Experience a high-intensity workout that will increase your flexibility, strength, stamina, and improve your decision making skills. During class you will practice de-escalating situations, movement & stances, striking, and releasing techniques, designed to help you survive and thrive in potentially life-threatening situations. Be ready to burn calories and boost your confidence level while transforming your body into a weapon!
- Mixed Martial Arts (MMA): Learn skills and techniques used in a variety of disciplines. Students will understand of the importance of being able to apply techniques appropriate to various situations.
- Tai Chi: This low-impact class is composed of slow, rhythmic, meditative movements that will strengthen muscles and tendons, improve circulation and balance, and increase flexibility.
- Tai Chi for Self Defense: This exciting Martial Arts class will look at the principles and body mechanics used by top Tai Chi Chuan players and practitioners of other internal styles of Martial Arts. Participants will learn how to move the body in better synchronization to gain more speed and power, and how to sink an incoming force into the floor in order to bounce it back. In addition, participants will learn about the body qualities that make up “four ounces moves a thousand pounds” and “steel wrapped in cotton”. With an understanding of these principles, speed and strength play less of a roll in self-defense situations.